GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Can confirm. MPSAS4 out perform them (& they’re a all season).

Indy 500 are good for the money, but tires being so important for safety & performance better tires are money we’ll spent.
Exactly - a PS4 all season is a better tire but of course costs quite a bit more.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
worked on finishing subframe, LCA’s then the front shocks. What a bitch, not easy. Had to take the fronts off, remove the Eurosport camber pucks, clean them up, transfer to new hardware.

Then ran into a roadblock on one of the coil overs. The small allen screw in the adjustable collar was not coming out. Seized, over torqued, something. I ruined two allen wrenches, and ultimately one of the bits broke off. Done. Guess we’ll see how good the customer service is. :mad:

View attachment 235198View attachment 235199
Took the collar to a machine shop, old dude was super helpful, drilled out the seized screw, cleaned up the threads, all in the sake of helping another auto enthusiast. Picked up a few new set screws, and will continue on my way.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Took the collar to a machine shop, old dude was super helpful, drilled out the seized screw, cleaned up the threads, all in the sake of helping another auto enthusiast. Picked up a few new set screws, and will continue on my way.

I’d drop off a case of beer, but that’s cool he helped you out.

It might have only taken a few minutes of his time, but it took decades to develop the skill set for that to be the case. Generally that’s the payment amongst tradesmen for small favor jobs in my experience.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I’d drop off a case of beer, but that’s cool he helped you out.

It might have only taken a few minutes of his time, but it took decades to develop the skill set for that to be the case. Generally that’s the payment amongst tradesmen for small favor jobs in my experience.

I doordashed donuts, they'd be consumed I'm sure. Can't always say who drinks beer out here.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Suspension is back together, everything torqued aside from front adjustable endlinks. OEM mud guards installed in place of the RB ones. Idled up to operating temps, and yay, the RMS isn’t puking oil…. Yet. That’s a huge relief.

Now to figure out how the hell to pre-adjust the coil overs, and then preload the FSB, then do the DCC calibration.

Looking forward to driving this thing tomorrow.

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Continued my quest for RGB ambient lighting on my pre-facelift Golf. So many cool things in the adaptations! I've also started working on a spreadsheet with translations of every thing ambient light related, along with descriptions of their functions (as best I can find / figure out).

The only thing you guys care about, pictures...
PXL_20220112_015813045.MP.jpg

PXL_20220112_015846234.jpg

PXL_20220112_015905763.jpg

This last picture has a feature enabled for which there's only a placeholder graphic on the Golf, gear shift. Chillout's MIB tool box will allow me to replace that placeholder with an actual graphic. I one day want to illuminate the CoolerWorx gear shift mechanism. If I get around to that I might play around with editing this placeholder graphic.
PXL_20220112_020935495.MP.jpg

Last edited:

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Went and test drove the car to work out any kinks.

All the standard errors are there as what’s normal with a battery removal. ACC, park assist, tire monitoring, traction control, but they’re not going away. Put about 20 miles on the car, and they’re all still there. I left the battery on a tender while it was out of the car for a few weeks, so doubtful it’s that. Cleared all the codes, and they came back. So something I’ve touched is triggering something… trying to look over all the plugs I may have touched, or missed to find the issue.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Went and test drove the car to work out any kinks.

All the standard errors are there as what’s normal with a battery removal. ACC, park assist, tire monitoring, traction control, but they’re not going away. Put about 20 miles on the car, and they’re all still there. I left the battery on a tender while it was out of the car for a few weeks, so doubtful it’s that. Cleared all the codes, and they came back. So something I’ve touched is triggering something… trying to look over all the plugs I may have touched, or missed to find the issue.
These all seem to point to a wheel speed sensor I believe.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
These all seem to point to a wheel speed sensor I believe.

Thanks, I’ll check those when I get back to the garage. Just monitored them in OBDELEVEN, and they’re showing the speed there, but wondering if I damaged them screwing with the front hubs.