GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yeah it seems like our OEM battery gives you one warning shot before it gives up the smoke.

I was just catching up on this thread & planned to recommend Optima (made in Mexico, but I’ve had great luck with them in four different vehicles the years) or a Odyssey (made in USA, I have one in our utility quad).

Everyone gets excited about a lightweight battery, but my car (most of our cars here) being a daily I just want it to be as reliable as possible.
Went with the platinum Die Hard from Auto Zone. Closest spot to me and I had to pick up my daughter from school. Was a quick five minute job in the Auto Zone parking lot.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Went with the platinum Die Hard from Auto Zone. Closest spot to me and I had to pick up my daughter from school. Was a quick five minute job in the Auto Zone parking lot.

I can’t remember exactly, but while I was shopping around for our Suburban battery I remember reading Die Hard was a high end battery, just re branded. Should be good to go with that for several years.

+1 for the Optima Yellow Top.

That’s what’s in our Burb & GTI currently, I love them!
43438BE4-D909-4563-AD1F-769B607AC13B.jpeg

Ive got a habit of running lights/radio/ tvs (Burb) while I’m working on stuff, camping, ect so it’s good piece of mind having some reserves & resistance to damage if it’s run low

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
since we're on the topic of batteries, any battery tenders come recommended or should anything that's at least watching for overcharging be enough?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
since we're on the topic of batteries, any battery tenders come recommended or should anything that's at least watching for overcharging be enough?

Hard to beat the OG at $34

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dtn-021-0123

I replaced my sons power wheels charger with one like 5 years ago & it lived outside in the elements till recently when I moved it to the shed for zero turn & quad winter maintenance. Hasn’t missed a beat being used basically continuously.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Found a small tear in one dust seal on my caliper…boo. Also the powder coating these recently received made some of the tolerances quite tight and they coated it with all the screws/bolts still in so everything was somewhat seized. Ordering some rebuild parts.

AFE90409-0488-41A5-B1A9-69B6A4A4B1ED.jpeg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm going to start a thread about this over in the infotainment forum. I haven't really figured out anything (of use yet) but I've been comparing adaptation maps of several BCMs (facelift, pre-facelift, other MQB vehicles, etc) with a focus, obsession really, on ambient lighting.

Without getting into the weeds, which I will definitely get into in the dedicated thread, my BCM has lots of adaptations that suggest it has the ability to handle multi-colored interior lighting, though in a less elegant way than the facelift BCMs. Specifically I don't think I can get the slider, but I'm fine with a drop down color menu.

Anyway, thought I would post a few pictures that are giving me hope as I head down this rabbit hole. This is on my pre-facelift 2015 TDI (redundant much? of course an Mk7 TDI is pre-facelift 🤦🏿‍♂️). Highline BCM (which is probably important) and MIB 2.5 Discover Pro (probably not important)...
PXL_20211215_061919709.MP.jpg
PXL_20211215_061914865.jpg
PXL_20211215_061909496.MP.jpg

Editing of the adaptations I'm mucking around with are only open to me because @golfdave shamed me into buying a HEX-V2... Thank you sir! And this thing is fast, even compared to my HEX-CAN, which itself was absolute lightning compared to ODIS, haha.

Last edited:

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Put my tcr diffuser on finally.

Attachments

• 20211215_085517.jpg
    20211215_085517.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 92
  • 20211215_085512.jpg
    20211215_085512.jpg