GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah it’s the same brand as the mk7 link, I was super surprised with The fit and quality for a ali/eBay product. And yeah I tinted mine cause that look works bet with the dark styling of my car in reality the 7.5 can keep
It clear and still have a pretty slick look.

Top one is wrapped bottom is not in this pic yet:
823D67CA-F9B8-4D27-8B61-4BE9A41336CB.jpeg

Yes on the 7.5 you have to drill holes in the grill (3/8) fit plugs easy. It looks like on the 7s the back of the lower grill is open so you may not need that.

234074E9-78A2-4143-9B1F-5A2DF20EA11B.jpeg

They even have the notch molded in the back to fit full flush.
2FB4D7F4-CA1E-403E-8C5A-FF1B07DCCB19.jpeg
4953EEED-AEBF-4869-BA7F-4E345AC19AB3.jpeg

Yeah the 7 version looks even more like the mk8 piece cause it’s got the light plus a larger trim surround. But as DAK said you won’t get the same final look since it won’t integrate into the headlights driving light the way these do on the 7.5 , it’s flow exactly even 😂
7BA96765-FFDC-4CBB-90A9-73D35F590905.jpeg

On the 7s and the lighting pack lights it seems having the led at the top of the grill would flow more with the “u” shape drls

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It probably does look weird but I wanna see it. Also, if the LEDs are not the same color temp as the DRLs it's a no go.
Yeah, when I got them and seeing online vids they looked brighter but still the same temp
So I ordered them with the hope that the tint would beable to match then. In this pic you can see the pass side tinted and the driver side clear, in the daytime (overcast this morning) it seems like the dark dark tint I used does dim it a little too much but I’ll take that trade off for it looks incognito when off.

7FA97D81-247C-4BF5-935F-F72FAE2A0971.jpeg
C2E1E29E-0AA9-4257-A141-CF0617EBB86D.jpeg

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yeah, when I got them and seeing online vids they looked brighter but still the same temp
So I ordered them with the hope that the tint would beable to match then. In this pic you can see the pass side tinted and the driver side clear, in the daytime (overcast this morning) it seems like the dark dark tint I used does dim it a little too much but I’ll take that trade off for it looks incognito when off.

View attachment 232340View attachment 232341
It looks fine, not too dim.

Agray

Go Kart Champion

Can you show how it's wired up and where it plugs in to?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Washed it and gave it a nice coat of collinite 745 for the winter. Will try to reapply once a month to it amply protected over the winter as the salt abrades the wax away.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Yeah your tinted side color looks good. I was more alluding to the ebay listing with them on the dining table. That's nice, but how do they look on the car.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Can you show how it's wired up and where it plugs in to?
Yeah it’s all pretty hidden so I marked the picture,

But basically the harness they give you is a jumper like a jb4 connector, it’s got a female and male socket that matches the oem headlight plug with a feed that goes to the 2 led bars, so it’s just plugged in there and then I unbolted the 1/2 of that brace above the headlights to get the wire under there in a opening at the core support then ran it under the upper core support and was able to get it in a tab that Already was holding some other wires, they and the hood latch brace in the behind the grill I zip tied and Tesa taped the splitter/transformer box behind that brace amd tesa taped the cables to the radar plug cable like oem.

You can’t see any of it really and if you do it just seems like a oem wire/looms
F8088CD4-FC78-49DD-97E0-9B6103ACD35D.jpeg