GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Carvana offered me $15k to buy my car with the existing damage from when I was hit in the parking lot. The VW dealership offered me $20k and didn't care about the damage at all. They said "this won't even last the week if you trade it in right now. Damaged or not."

2017 Sport with 45k miles.

*looking at 17 sport in driveway....

Also curbed TF out of the passenger side front wheel avoiding a box truck on a curvy 3 lane road........worst I have ever done...From my understanding its very difficult to repair these wheels. Full set near me but its our of my price range at the moment.

draftgli

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

Also curbed TF out of the passenger side front wheel avoiding a box truck on a curvy 3 lane road........worst I have ever done...From my understanding its very difficult to repair these wheels. Full set near me but its our of my price range at the moment.

I feel your pain. Curbed both my fronts up on 2 separate occasions this past summer. Guess I’ll have to spring for new wheels at some point. <Sigh>.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Not a mk7 but I played a bit of mechanic today.

I was walking the dog on Friday night and a guy in the neighborhood was leaving this snowblower on the street. Toro 621 E. I asked him if he was getting rid of it and why and he said it won't start anymore and even when it did, it didn't throw snow. I asked him if I could take it and he said go right ahead. Dropped the dog off home and came and picked it up.

When I was in uni I had a snow clearing business to pay through school, so I got pretty familiar with snowblowers as I always maintained the ones I had.

The guy had a pebble driveway so the augers and scraper were beaten to shit and as it turns out, the drive belt was broken. So I ordered the augers and belt off of Amazon for $80, carburetor cleaner for $7, a litre of royal purple for $13 and a sparkplug for $7. Messed around with it for about two and a half hours today and now she purrs like a kitten. Invested around $100 and I think I can sell it for around $450-500, but I don't think I want to cause it's a really nice machine, but I already have one... I think I might just gift it to someone.

Check out how black the oil was
IMG_20211205_162626.jpg

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn

I currently have my stock 18"s on and all four are curbed as fuck (that's why they're my winters.) Dealership didn't care about that either.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not a mk7 but I played a bit of mechanic today.

I was walking the dog on Friday night and a guy in the neighborhood was leaving this snowblower on the street. Toro 621 E. I asked him if he was getting rid of it and why and he said it won't start anymore and even when it did, it didn't throw snow. I asked him if I could take it and he said go right ahead. Dropped the dog off home and came and picked it up.

When I was in uni I had a snow clearing business to pay through school, so I got pretty familiar with snowblowers as I always maintained the ones I had.

The guy had a pebble driveway so the augers and scraper were beaten to shit and as it turns out, the drive belt was broken. So I ordered the augers and belt off of Amazon for $80, carburetor cleaner for $7, a litre of royal purple for $13 and a sparkplug for $7. Messed around with it for about two and a half hours today and now she purrs like a kitten. Invested around $100 and I think I can sell it for around $450-500, but I don't think I want to cause it's a really nice machine, but I already have one... I think I might just gift it to someone.

Check out how black the oil was View attachment 232090
Great job. I have a friend who doesn't maintain anything of his stuff either.

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Hi all
After 6 years the original battery finally died , so I replaced it a Lithiumax Restart9 battery .I got it with the mounting kit which I drilled my own holes in the base plate to mount it closer to the fire wall to reduce the ground wire stretch ,it weighs just over 4kg's (8.8 Ibs ) .
Cheers
Mal
IMG20211206094456.jpg

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Hi all
After 6 years the original battery finally died , so I replaced it a Lithiumax Restart9 battery .I got it with the mounting kit which I drilled my own holes in the base plate to mount it closer to the fire wall to reduce the ground wire stretch ,it weighs just over 4kg's (8.8 Ibs ) .
Cheers
MalView attachment 232093
I am likely going down this same road shortly. What model did you purchase?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Hi all
Cheers
MalView attachment 232093

I am likely going down this same road shortly. What model did you purchase?

what was the cost for it all?

Edit.....$800? wow.....

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Do you have any idea what brand of glass they are using? $300 sounds incredibly inexpensive.

Just got off the phone with them, they had to reschedule as the windshield they had on hand was damaged. So they'll come tomorrow. Asked them that while I had them on the phone, they use PGW.

Last edited:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
It's surprisingly good.. kind of hard to explain through text but it feels pretty natural. It's an entry level setup so nothing crazy but still tons of fun. This rig was more to test the waters, might move up to a more hardcore setup like Fanatec but those get silly expensive quick.

I recorded a video to hopefully give you a better idea

Thanks for sharing. That looks like a blast. What does the red dial do that you adjusted a few times? Nice footwork, too.