GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
It's surprisingly good.. kind of hard to explain through text but it feels pretty natural. It's an entry level setup so nothing crazy but still tons of fun. This rig was more to test the waters, might move up to a more hardcore setup like Fanatec but those get silly expensive quick.

I recorded a video to hopefully give you a better idea

Want. What spark plugs you running?

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
It's surprisingly good.. kind of hard to explain through text but it feels pretty natural. It's an entry level setup so nothing crazy but still tons of fun. This rig was more to test the waters, might move up to a more hardcore setup like Fanatec but those get silly expensive quick.

That is so awesome

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
The missing piece is sold seperately at a dealer? I feel like the dealer would take forever and cost a lot
Not sure if they sell it separately or not. OEM probably won't cost more than the aftermarket ones ($100) and if you can pick it up at the dealer that obviously won't take as long as waiting for ECS to ship it you during the holiday season

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Not sure if they sell it separately or not. OEM probably won't cost more than the aftermarket ones ($100) and if you can pick it up at the dealer that obviously won't take as long as waiting for ECS to ship it you during the holiday season
I was just looking at that. ETA say January lmao they trippin. I will check out the stealership. I wish FCP EURO had them. I been looking at Spulen from USP website I just don’t wanna wait so long.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I’ve never messed with a setup like that. What is the feedback through the wheel like? I’m sure you get what you pay for with a gaming setup.

That's a entry level setup, great for getting your feet wet and deciding if you want to do racing Sims. It's good for moire casual racing games.

If you're going to do iracing, you need better pedals. You really want at least something like the CSL elite with the pressure sensitive brake.

You can make a potometer based brake work with some tweaking of calibration files in iracing, but pedals are where you gain the most bang for the buck in Sim gear.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI

I expected more flex/movement from that setup, not bad.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I'm just getting my sim rig together now. I went crazy considering it is my first one, I don't game at all. Aluminum profile chassis, Simucube DD wheel, Heusinkveld pedals, Oculus VR instead of a monitor. The last part I am waiting on is a PC gaming computer, which a buddy is building for me. I got it to help me practice for when I do HPDE events. I think my wife likes it because it is safer that driving on the track :)

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Online shopped so I can get rid of it. I'm honestly tired of having a daily driver that I care so much about. I got hit by a semi back in August, and now that it's finally all fixed someone hits me in a parking lot and doesn't leave a note. I just need a beater that I drive every day and don't give a shit about.

im in the same place. Selling my car private sale Tuesday and likely not buying a “nice” Car for 2+ Years. I want a beater that doesn’t cost me monthly payments yet is reliable for a year or two so I can dump it for about what I paid for it when I’m in a better position / have a garage for my next car

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm just getting my sim rig together now. I went crazy considering it is my first one, I don't game at all. Aluminum profile chassis, Simucube DD wheel, Heusinkveld pedals, Oculus VR instead of a monitor. The last part I am waiting on is a PC gaming computer, which a buddy is building for me. I got it to help me practice for when I do HPDE events. I think my wife likes it because it is safer that driving on the track :)

I use mine mostly to drive tracks before I get there.

I really like iracing, and was getting pretty good, but you have to really do it a lot to get good. I suggest you find a group of friends that want to race together and have fun races. I find the digital courage some people get when they race online gets tiring.

Also, until you can run through 30 laps at a track, within +/- sec, you aren't ready to race with live people. Do practice laps or race AI until you can.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
nice, that is how I plan on using it. iRacing has VIR and Watkins Glen, two tracks I will frequent especially VIR as it is close.
Do you use any particular car for practice? Or just what you feel like?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Finally gonna replace the oem continental contisports, which haven't been all that bad honestly. They were a much better tire than the pzero neros my mk6 came with at least. The rears are down to the wear bars and the fronts are really close, so it's time. They'll be replaced with extremecontact sports.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
nice, that is how I plan on using it. iRacing has VIR and Watkins Glen, two tracks I will frequent especially VIR as it is close.
Do you use any particular car for practice? Or just what you feel like?

I use the spec Miata, because the braking points are what really matter to me, and they are the closest I've found.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Installed euro spec shifter. Not a huge difference but definitely noticeable. Not sure if I would like it shorter than it is so I'm happy with it. It doesn't feel like I'm going to punch my cubby when hitting 3rd gear. That's the old one in the pic.

Attachments

• PXL_20211128_231135346.jpg
    PXL_20211128_231135346.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 50