GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
@El_bigote_AJ fitting into the center console is a must for me. This thing is already a hard sell to my wife, haha. And buying two bars makes way more sense than looking for the old cable end 🤦‍♂️.

I'll have to look into the spacer thing, my car is a 2015, 2014 build. What, if any, are you running for a shift boot? I don't see one in the video you just posted but I thought I saw one in one of your other posts in the past I'll dig through the forum.
Running my custom one that was made before I switched shifters, this unit is much bigger than oem trim too, so you can run the oem type boot without modding it or CJM can make you a panel if you like that look. If I didn’t have the fancy trim already made I wanted to have a clear plexi plate made with edge lighting to show off the fixture.
575AA8AA-2475-4B1B-A789-E94069B7D1E0.jpeg
E63707F5-FA3F-4D1C-8114-524F41602B1E.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN0GvYGHVwV/?utm_medium=copy_link

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Running my custom one that was made before I switched shifters, this unit is much bigger than oem trim too, so you can run the oem type boot without modding it or CJM can make you a panel if you like that look. If I didn’t have the fancy trim already made I wanted to have a clear plexi plate made with edge lighting to show off the fixture.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN0GvYGHVwV/?utm_medium=copy_link
That CJM plate is clean. Your idea of a plexi plate with edge lighting would be pretty sweet as well. Easy to tie into x58 dash lighting in that spot as well to make it dimmable. There's 12VDC variable and ground right there at switches around the shifter.

Looking at your custom piece though it looks like the stock boot/surround should work anyway, no? I have no problem with the way the stock trim looks, but I want an alcantara boot to match my seats. Nothing wrong with my current boot but I don't want to buy something that I can use now that I won't be able to use with the CW shifter. In the name of saving $70, haha.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I was about to install my new Apex wheels and noticed some grease on my tie rod. Upon closer inspection I noticed a small hole in my cv boot. Car has 19,200 miles so I’m assuming I damaged it at some point during my suspension install. If it wasn’t for the new wheels I wouldn’t have had a reason to remove the wheels currently on the car. $ well spent.
So many firsts with this car and replacing an axle boot will be one. I’d like to source the boot and axle flange bolts from FCP but I’m not seeing the flange bolts. I have the 24mm single axle bolt from my suspension install and a pair of bull nose pliers so it won’t be a terribly expensive repair.
I pride myself on my attention to detail but sometime things happen.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Not today, but first time I took some decent pics. Installed the BEC euro tails. Anyone have suggestions for tinting/matching the rear bumper reflectors (cherry red)? The clashing reds bug me lol
You could throw those honeycomb covers in! As long as your state doesn’t require those reflectors

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
That CJM plate is clean. Your idea of a plexi plate with edge lighting would be pretty sweet as well. Easy to tie into x58 dash lighting in that spot as well to make it dimmable. There's 12VDC variable and ground right there at switches around the shifter.

Looking at your custom piece though it looks like the stock boot/surround should work anyway, no? I have no problem with the way the stock trim looks, but I want an alcantara boot to match my seats. Nothing wrong with my current boot but I don't want to buy something that I can use now that I won't be able to use with the CW shifter. In the name of saving $70, haha.
Yeah oem style Alcantara will fit great and be able to zip tie Around the shaft, mine cannot cause the boot is really short

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Bought a new battery for my GTI. Car wasn't cranking to start at all today. Went and replaced the battery and now it turns on. Now I got an error on the airbags, tried clearing it with OBD11 but didn't work smh. Oh, and the RMS is still leaking lol *bashes head against the wall*

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Installed my Accessport and flashed EQT Stage 2 and Cobb DSG (will flash EQT DSG once I get the file). Also installed RS7 plugs per EQT recommendation.

PS how do my old plugs look? These have 33k miles on them, half of that with JB4 Map 1.
948DDFF4-094C-4354-BC8E-FC88A9004864.jpeg

B8F1ACD3-1378-46CB-98A0-2ADBD9113B87.jpeg

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Are these “chips” the part that look like detonation?

Also anything in particular I should do besides use the best gas around and inspect my plugs more often to keep an eye on this?
D3981C64-FB24-4649-BF70-06D9EF9C4A89.jpeg

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
That’s what I like to hear :D

I’m already impressed with the tune, especially the immediacy of power. My test drive today was wet and 42 degrees too, can’t wait for a nice day.