GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yeah so I was checking the list out, and I am not sure if mine came equipped from the factory for this one:
View attachment 229885
1611590440010.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Not today, but first time I took some decent pics. Installed the BEC euro tails. Anyone have suggestions for tinting/matching the rear bumper reflectors (cherry red)? The clashing reds bug me lol

Attachments

• 6D66CC6A-3D6B-4EAE-9D11-A751784ADCBD.jpeg
    6D66CC6A-3D6B-4EAE-9D11-A751784ADCBD.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 77
  • 88A26FB3-3AD8-4D3A-8D7C-F0149B9ECD03.jpeg
    88A26FB3-3AD8-4D3A-8D7C-F0149B9ECD03.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 81

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Got the new “nutbars” on the sigma endlinks, makes for a much easier adjusting since I just need the Allen on the driver/Ratchet

Got it pretty dialed in now between the CW and DG….😅
I'm sold, on the CW shifter that is. Already have the Sigma 6 but just read the 2021 improvements on the product page. So they added the "nutbar" for front-back and went to cable end inserts for the side-side? Adjustment was the only negative for the Sigma 6... I know my adjustment could be better but it was such a pain that I've just left it as is, for years.

Assuming I can even find my original side-side cable end, $40 to make the switch is probably worth it for better adjustment.

For the shifter I went here, assuming you selected 02M?

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Oops!

Does it disable it, or just move it a few degrees colder?
"Disable" was a poor choice of words. It edits the settings. I'm away from the car; so, I cannot recall the specific temperatures. But I recall that the temps that I can edit can be set to such a low number that the warning would be effectively disabled in my region. Worst case, the chime would sound only at points where, "Yeah, I know it's cold!" 😅

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I'm sold, on the CW shifter that is. Already have the Sigma 6 but just read the 2021 improvements on the product page. So they added the "nutbar" for front-back and went to cable end inserts for the side-side? Adjustment was the only negative for the Sigma 6... I know my adjustment could be better but it was such a pain that I've just left it as is, for years.

Assuming I can even find my original side-side cable end, $40 to make the switch is probably worth it for better adjustment.

For the shifter I went here, assuming you selected 02M?
I wouldn’t switched out your side to side end-link, just order a second nut bar like I did, comes to $27 shipped, then you still have the fully solid nature of the metal endlinks but you don’t need to fish and wrench underneath it anymore, just your one Allen key or socket.

Yeah the undermount 02M(O2Q) unit in the link is correct they really only make 2 units for the VW - top mount and bottom mount, top will sit higher and probably cannot fit with console and will require you to drill the tunnel for cables (but sure does look cooler, lol)

Depending on your OEM shifter boxes number you may need to add a spacer in cables connections cause as VW fashion the changed from metal locking pin to a plastic one.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@El_bigote_AJ fitting into the center console is a must for me. This thing is already a hard sell to my wife, haha. And buying two bars makes way more sense than looking for the old cable end 🤦‍♂️.

I'll have to look into the spacer thing, my car is a 2015, 2014 build. What, if any, are you running for a shift boot? I don't see one in the video you just posted but I thought I saw one in one of your other posts in the past I'll dig through the forum.