GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of the Indy 500s. They’re ok, but the Michelin PSAS4 hooks up almost as well as they do, they’re not temperature sensitive, and they’re only 225s compared to the 235 size I have the Indy’s in. Next time I’ll be going with the Michelin PS4S or the Toto R888R in 235.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of the Indy 500s. They’re ok, but the Michelin PSAS4 hooks up almost as well as they do, they’re not temperature sensitive, and they’re only 225s compared to the 235 size I have the Indy’s in. Next time I’ll be going with the Michelin PS4S or the Toto R888R in 235.
You're forgetting price as a factor there - the Indy's are much cheaper.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Got some sticky summer tires😎. Anyone on here rock the Indy500s? Read great reviews online and finally pulled the trigger View attachment 229154
I'm on my second set. 1st set was on my jb4 moon tuned gti using 235s, the 2nd set is on the eqt stage 2 R in the 255 flavor. Both have ran narrower than normal tires, but price to performance is amazing. I paid around $600 each set after rebates. The grip and wear is good. Highly recommend.

Attachments

• 20210605_185457.jpg
    20210605_185457.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 60
  • 20210603_181754.jpg
    20210603_181754.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Haha!

Some grudges never die! I recall my wife bringing home burritos one night about 10 years ago. She said, "Here's yours." I took it, sat down, and started eating. She routinely piddles around before she eats her food; so, I've learned to not wait on her. It turns out that she had accidentally given me her burrito and I hadn't noticed. She was PISSED, saying "You just mindlessly shove food into your mouth!" The phrase sort of stuck. What did I have for lunch today? "I don't recall. I just mindlessly stuff food into my mouth." What did Amazon deliver today? "I don't know. I just mindlessly order stuff and it comes." :ROFLMAO: She has a good sense of humor about it!

Which reminds me of a joke: If a man says he's going to do something, he'll do it. There's no need to remind him every six months!

On topic, my latest project on my Mk7 involves a new and improved rear seat delete with ventilation. Here are a few photos:

The new frame includes side panels to hide the exposed under-seat area...

Here's the finished side pieces with a look at the fold-up door, under which I keep some ham radio equipment...

I started with four 3-inch fans on the front panel...

I cut some holes in the removable trim panels in the trunk to provide a path for air to exit...

Here's how I think the air is flowing through the equipment area...

The side under the fridge will soon house a 100-Ah LiFePo4 battery. I'll be building it soon. For now, I've installed the DC-DC converter/charger and a simple box for testing. I've also added two more fans. They're both against the converter, but I eventually moved one to the other side of the car.

I'll share the completed battery project in my ham radio thread when the time comes. I have more photos of the "delete," including measurements and a video, on my website at https://stealthgti.com/2021/10/28/rear-seat-delete-new-and-improved/.

I've done so many things like that throughout our marriage, I just take my lumps when she brings them up. I know better than to bring up stupid stuff she's done, I'll lose that argument every time. I was a little wild in my younger years.

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
I’ve done a few things.

1. Got all new tires. 245/40/19 on all four corners. Barum Bravuris 5HM. I drive my car a lot for work, and it’s mostly just city driving. Reviews on these are very good for A/S tires, and they’re priced very well. So far loving them. Corner pretty well, take bumps well, are quiet at hwy speeds, and no problem through rain.

2. Got all my Audison Voce K6 component speakers replaced under warranty, and installed a new CT Sounds 150.4D (125W/4 RMS) to replace my previous NVX 4-channel amp. Let’s just say the car has never sounded better, and the SQ is amazing. Connected with the rest of my sound setup, I’ve only heard a few cars that have sounded better. Audison component speaker ftw!

3. Compression test. Still under works. Will be doing another compression test soon, as I want to see if other testers values come out different than my cheap Amazon one. Car has just under 108k miles, and doing it for peace of mind and also because I have a random misfire happening.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
A few things.. got some black caliper paint, I got a set of front and rear GTI Power Pack calipers for dirt cheap, in painting them black, the rears will go on my wagon, the fronts onto my wife’s wagon. I also ordered a Stoptech ST40 355mm kit for mine with yellow calipers and Ferodo DS2500’s. That should get rid of any brake issues for me!

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Haha!

Some grudges never die! I recall my wife bringing home burritos one night about 10 years ago. She said, "Here's yours." I took it, sat down, and started eating. She routinely piddles around before she eats her food; so, I've learned to not wait on her. It turns out that she had accidentally given me her burrito and I hadn't noticed. She was PISSED, saying "You just mindlessly shove food into your mouth!" The phrase sort of stuck. What did I have for lunch today? "I don't recall. I just mindlessly stuff food into my mouth." What did Amazon deliver today? "I don't know. I just mindlessly order stuff and it comes." :ROFLMAO: She has a good sense of humor about it!

Which reminds me of a joke: If a man says he's going to do something, he'll do it. There's no need to remind him every six months!

On topic, my latest project on my Mk7 involves a new and improved rear seat delete with ventilation. Here are a few photos:

The new frame includes side panels to hide the exposed under-seat area...

Here's the finished side pieces with a look at the fold-up door, under which I keep some ham radio equipment...

I started with four 3-inch fans on the front panel...

I cut some holes in the removable trim panels in the trunk to provide a path for air to exit...

Here's how I think the air is flowing through the equipment area...

The side under the fridge will soon house a 100-Ah LiFePo4 battery. I'll be building it soon. For now, I've installed the DC-DC converter/charger and a simple box for testing. I've also added two more fans. They're both against the converter, but I eventually moved one to the other side of the car.

I'll share the completed battery project in my ham radio thread when the time comes. I have more photos of the "delete," including measurements and a video, on my website at https://stealthgti.com/2021/10/28/rear-seat-delete-new-and-improved/.

what happens when you hit 88 mph?

shovelhd

Autocross Champion

Do the Indy 500's lose their grip in cold (under 40 degrees) weather? The GMax don't, and that's important to me.

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Radar detectors are cool, but they can't save you from Instant on or laser most of the time. Best to try and see what cops in your area are using before you pick one up.
Well there's been a lot more improvement in detectors the last few years. Our cops rarely use laser, they're a PITA. My neighbor is a cop. I looked at all the its, the various false alert GPS fixes, what our cops used, and bought a Uniden R3. I didn't really need to spend double to have a rear detect feature. First one I've bought since '84. I don't drive in any of the 7 states they're illegal, and don't drive crazy off the highway either. The biggest upgrades for me is the range, plus the ability to filter out the falling and those pesky Honda/Acura side mirror false alerts. Just a new toy which seems fitting. I'll have to see if I can easily hook up to the power in the overhead lights.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Well there's been a lot more improvement in detectors the last few years. Our cops rarely use laser, they're a PITA. My neighbor is a cop. I looked at all the its, the various false alert GPS fixes, what our cops used, and bought a Uniden R3. I didn't really need to spend double to have a rear detect feature. First one I've bought since '84. I don't drive in any of the 7 states they're illegal, and don't drive crazy off the highway either. The biggest upgrades for me is the range, plus the ability to filter out the falling and those pesky Honda/Acura side mirror false alerts. Just a new toy which seems fitting. I'll have to see if I can easily hook up to the power in the overhead lights.
Best defense against laser is Waze, though if there isn't a lot of traffic in an area Waze might not be enough. The good news is those areas out in the country probably don't have cops that use laser.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Well there's been a lot more improvement in detectors the last few years.
I went from a 10 year old V1 to a new V1 and the false alarms barely happen anymore. That thing would go off constantly when I still had the old one.

red450

Car(s)
2016 MK7 Golf TSI SE
I bought a 1 month Carista trial (went with Carista because my Bluetooth OBD adapter was compatible), and activated some basic mods (Euro seat belt warning, tail lights w/DRLs, gauge sweep, window control from remote, and etc). It's kind of pointless but I like the gallons to refill feature. Managed to make some changes to my wife's MK6 JSW TDI as well.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I bought a 1 month Carista trial (went with Carista because my Bluetooth OBD adapter was compatible), and activated some basic mods (Euro seat belt warning, tail lights w/DRLs, gauge sweep, window control from remote, and etc). It's kind of pointless but I like the gallons to refill feature. Managed to make some changes to my wife's MK6 JSW TDI as well.
Same thing I did but only paid for 1 week. They need a lifetime price instead that's reasonable.