GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
You're killing me.... I'm saving for a Hybrid.
Also noticed we both have the Mishi IC, did you setup an air temp gauge on yours? Been contemplating that so I can see real-time the temp of the IC air on the cold side.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Sorry... I'll shut up. Unless you want the sexiest sounding exhaust/dp setup ever for GTI ! :devilish: My buddies that have GTI's, one is Xforce exhaust with CTSdp, another is a Milltek setup, another is Borla, and the last one is a custom piping w/vibrant resonator-map catless dp. We all agree my car sounds the best. I had the luxury of hearing all of their cars before I made my choice.
Idk man miltek turbo back is pretty sexual.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Idk man miltek turbo back is pretty sexual.
It does sound good and would be my second choice. If I ever find that 2 door Mk6 R, its getting a Milltek.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Also noticed we both have the Mishi IC, did you setup an air temp gauge on yours? Been contemplating that so I can see real-time the temp of the IC air on the cold side.
No, I have a COBB in my under seat drawer, I'll eventually hook it up, once I decide how to mount it and monitor that way.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
It does sound good and would be my second choice. If I ever find that 2 door Mk6 R, its getting a Milltek.

I had the SPM full turbo back exhaust on my MK6 R. It was visually a great piece, and sounded great as well.

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
IMO, it's impossible to get a great sound out of the Mk7s. Every combination is either too raspy or too boomy.
My APR dp/Vibrant/Magnaflow catback is a bit too boomy at low RPMS, but not crazy loud. Sounds throaty and crisp, but not raspy when opened up.
The throaty systems don't boom, but sound like rasp city when opened up. Every set-up is a compromise in sound quality.
This is the setup that @EpicTech has:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Not my car, but it sounds like that one except I have burble tune and shifting sneeze noises.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The build quality of that R was stupid. It never made a creek or rattle, ever. Felt like you were in a tank.

Oh, I've got a few creaks and rattles, but nothing like my wife's new Outback. Subaru should be embarrassed.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
How about GTI goes quiet?
No dad…

6174BF78-D52F-4874-B53E-E7FE9E7AA1B1.jpeg

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
That is almost exactly what my GTI sounds like.
Don't want to put the resonator back, cause not happy with the volume on the touring setup. I really like the volume of the new track conversion but the drone is really getting into me. I'm open to suggestions that hopefully won't cost me a fortune.
The wife is starting to get anxious about my exhaust spendings.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
I've being wondering what IAT should be now after the IC installation? I'm using COBB AP to monitored this value. Where should the number be to assert that the upgrade was a total success?