GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I suspect that a RSB upgrade makes a more noticeable difference with an otherwise stock suspension, and especially with stock tires. Putting a 25mm RSB on my 2017 Sport (PP) was very discernable on both off-ramps and 90-degree intersections. I'm still running the factory Hankook S1 Noble 2 tires.

Now, I know that better tires would probably have made a bigger difference, and under all driving conditions. But I also don't find these particular factory tires to be at all bad, certainly not bad enough to just dump them without getting my money's worth out of them. They're still above half tread (I run winter tires about six months a year), so I'll probably run them for another two or three years before replacing them. Good new tires will be $700-1,000; my RSB was $150. For this cheapskate, that's a no-brainer, especially since I plan to keep the car as long as possible.

imagine, daks was suggesting a big turbo is a better financial investment than an RSB🙄

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Found a little Easter egg from from the dealership my dealer traded with to make the deal happen earlier this year. Guess they missed it when doing their final delivery inspection, lol. If my car didn’t already have a name, it’d definitely be called “the king” now…

Attachments

• 6CDCA496-B1B7-49B4-AF1D-D96AAF1CA105.jpeg
    6CDCA496-B1B7-49B4-AF1D-D96AAF1CA105.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 90

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My dealer on the few occasions I've been there leaves a little gift wrapped box the size of a ring box with a single piece of candy inside. I don't bother opening it anymore. 🍬