GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Not all cats and unfortunately, you won't know when you get one, can be trained like a dog. My last cat was and rode in the car etc just like a dog. Came when I whistled for her. Getting a kitten is obviously best.

yeah I think when the day comes for me to get one, I’d take a 2, 3 year old one that I have had the chance to become somewhat familiar with the temperament, or at least have a friend who can vouch for its temperament.

I have no cahonies to “train” an animal - my methods are almost entirely based on simply exposing the animal to a “lifestyle” - aka my lifestyle. And with time, they become used to that lifestyle, and don’t act like an ass when exposed to “that lifestyle.” I am mostly talking about walking off-leash, going camping, going to parties, etc.

I obviously wouldn’t be taking my cat to parties

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Not all cats and unfortunately, you won't know when you get one, can be trained like a dog. My last cat was and rode in the car etc just like a dog. Came when I whistled for her. Getting a kitten is obviously best.
I had a cat as a young kid that would come running when you whistled, and played fetch a little.

A local guy's cat Gary is Reddit famous, because he takes him skiing, kayaking, hiking, etc. The cat seems to like it, and even has a ski pass with his picture on it; the guy doesn't seem to realize that a dog is better for all those things LOL.

No judgement as to people loving their pets and familiars though. Hell, some people even keep birds as pets, if you can believe that.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Get a Serval, lots of qualities to admire:

-other cats and dogs don't scare it.
-makes funny noises that dictate its mood
-if you hear it hiss at you, you should probably run.
-fences don't matter, it can jump over them.
-can eat chicken faster than any human
-has a purr than can be heard from across the room.
-can lunge at you from across the room
-its preferred car to be taken to the vet in is a GTI
:)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I had a cat as a young kid that would come running when you whistled, and played fetch a little.

A local guy's cat Gary is Reddit famous, because he takes him skiing, kayaking, hiking, etc. The cat seems to like it, and even has a ski pass with his picture on it; the guy doesn't seem to realize that a dog is better for all those things LOL.

No judgement as to people loving their pets and familiars though. Hell, some people even keep birds as pets, if you can believe that.
My coworker brings his parrot Clyde to the office quite frequently

Attachments

• 34FED148-4F0C-45B6-9042-3CD71EC77BF2.jpeg
    34FED148-4F0C-45B6-9042-3CD71EC77BF2.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 0F04CB15-13AB-4BB2-8541-F39D42C96312.jpeg
    0F04CB15-13AB-4BB2-8541-F39D42C96312.jpeg
    964 KB · Views: 61
  • 606AF05B-8481-40C7-A832-A4B19CD0FB61.jpeg
    606AF05B-8481-40C7-A832-A4B19CD0FB61.jpeg
    688 KB · Views: 49
  • 9F32075C-5893-44D1-A3C3-052FD6C927E9.jpeg
    9F32075C-5893-44D1-A3C3-052FD6C927E9.jpeg
    876.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 1D463954-F944-45A5-9CFF-DD531297B3AE.jpeg
    1D463954-F944-45A5-9CFF-DD531297B3AE.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 59

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I guess I was a little hasty in my expectation to install the Vortex this weekend. I'll have everything hardware wise, but apparently it can take 1 - 3 weeks to receive the base map for the custom e-tune from EQT. Which doesn't make sense to me, but hey, it is what it is. I'd think the starting base map is just like their canned OTS tunes; they have a large library based on what options you check off while purchasing to use as a starting point. Without any data logs, how is my car any different (to them, at least) than anybody else who checked off "Intake, HPFP upgrade, downpipe, intercooler, exhaust, Vortex"? Obviously, once they start getting logs for revisions, it gets custom tailored. But they've probably tuned over a hundred cars with the same base set of mods, and I'd think they'd already have that base starting map ready to go?

This isn't a complaint or anything, just really thinking out loud about how it seems like it would work to me. Which is probably completely incorrect, since I don't know what goes on in the backend over there.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Yep, we have 2 feral cats we took in as kittens. One of them actually barks, or as close as a cat can get to barking, when someone comes to the door. They grew up with our now deceased Doberman as a mother.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I guess I was a little hasty in my expectation to install the Vortex this weekend. I'll have everything hardware wise, but apparently it can take 1 - 3 weeks to receive the base map for the custom e-tune from EQT. Which doesn't make sense to me, but hey, it is what it is. I'd think the starting base map is just like their canned OTS tunes; they have a large library based on what options you check off while purchasing to use as a starting point. Without any data logs, how is my car any different (to them, at least) than anybody else who checked off "Intake, HPFP upgrade, downpipe, intercooler, exhaust, Vortex"? Obviously, once they start getting logs for revisions, it gets custom tailored. But they've probably tuned over a hundred cars with the same base set of mods, and I'd think they'd already have that base starting map ready to go?

This isn't a complaint or anything, just really thinking out loud about how it seems like it would work to me. Which is probably completely incorrect, since I don't know what goes on in the backend over there.
That's what I would have thought as well.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sounds to me like you're correct and could expedite the final tune by starting with one of the ready maps as you said.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

I don't really understand the lengthy delay either. As you indicated, they have a library of files for different setups to serve as base maps at this point. It is a manual process to set up each file for your AP serial number, but it still results in a long wait to just get started with the base map. FWIW I just went through the process over the last 4 weeks and once you have the base map, Nick was spot on with responses within 7 days.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't really understand the lengthy delay either. As you indicated, they have a library of files for different setups to serve as base maps at this point. It is a manual process to set up each file for your AP serial number, but it still results in a long wait to just get started with the base map. FWIW I just went through the process over the last 4 weeks and once you have the base map, Nick was spot on with responses within 7 days.
So much easier to pay the extra cost and just get the remote dyno tune and be done in less than 3 hours.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
So much easier to pay the extra cost and just get the remote dyno tune and be done in less than 3 hours.
Easier yes, but at a much greater expense. +$200 on top of whatever your custom tune costs to live tune with Ed + whatever the dyno operator charges for the time so it could be in upwards of an additional $500 to dyno tune.

I was lucky to have a new bypass open up near me that's still under construction but available for use for a 6 mile stretch so I was really the only car on the road when I did my runs in the early morning hours.