GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
spent an inordinate amount of time researching and pricing out things I'll probably never do

shia-labeouf-dont-let-your-dreams-animated-gif.gif

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have 2 cats that act like dogs, so no offense taken.
Don't have cats for the first time in my life but I always purposely trained my cats like training a dog. Didn't have to litter box train them though. 😂

Last edited:

CiDirkona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK3 TT, MK1 Atlas SE
Man, I wish I had seen this before putting in my IS38. I broke mine and barely made it to the VW dealership before they closed for the weekend.

Also, just to reiterate the need for these, the m8 Triple Squares need to be SHORT and NARROW!
I recommend these, even though they're a hair expensive. I ended up borrowing one from a friend after several HOURS of trying to get my normal sized 3/8" triple squares to work.

https://amz.run/4yEg

The oil return line M8 triple square needs to be NARROW and/or SUPER LONG to get past the wastegate rod. A 3/8" ratchet triple square won't work.

The coolant line M8 triple square on the front of the turbo needs to be SHORT to fit between the turbo and the exhaust inlet manifold.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Man, I wish I had seen this before putting in my IS38. I broke mine and barely made it to the VW dealership before they closed for the weekend.

Also, just to reiterate the need for these, the m8 Triple Squares need to be SHORT and NARROW!
I recommend these, even though they're a hair expensive. I ended up borrowing one from a friend after several HOURS of trying to get my normal sized 3/8" triple squares to work.

The oil return line M8 triple square needs to be NARROW and/or SUPER LONG to get past the wastegate rod. A 3/8" ratchet triple square won't work.

The coolant line M8 triple square on the front of the turbo needs to be SHORT to fit between the turbo and the exhaust inlet manifold.

So, the ones I bought should be a hair smaller than that even, at least the M8 one. The ones linked in my post, up the M8 says it's 0.76", which is 19.3mm. Those are listed at 19.5mm. So literally a hair smaller lol.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I

I already have a set of short and long triple squares but these are so trick I ordered them anyway. As I said before swapping the turbo is much easier with the engine removed but at least I’ll have these just in case I ever have to do it again.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
I just like the meme. I actually despise cats. They're useless. Sorry, cat people.

Dog person for life.

View attachment 227839
Cats are NOT useless.

They're perfectly useful and perfectly suited for keeping mice out of your shit. They are awful creatures that don't hide how much they hate you though.

The Labrador Retriever is one of mankind's 3 redeeming achievements.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah I have no beef with cats, and in fact very much want one to accompany my two dogs. But I want a dog-cat. Not a cat-cat.
Not all cats and unfortunately, you won't know when you get one, can be trained like a dog. My last cat was and rode in the car etc just like a dog. Came when I whistled for her. Getting a kitten is obviously best.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah I have no beef with cats, and in fact very much want one to accompany my two dogs. But I want a dog-cat. Not a cat-cat.

How about a cat-dog?

1634174636443.png