Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Not in one day .
IMG20211001142721.jpg
IMG20211010124650.jpg
IMG20211010124738.jpg

After having these for 9 months and being in lock down for 245 + days , my son and I finally fitted the Verkline trailing , Trackslag / GESI cat and replaced front/rear swaybars and all bushes with superpro .Also got a set of the Verkline uniball rear trailing arm bushes to go in .
Hopefully in the next month I'll be swapping out the Littco L500 for a Turbo Technics V5 .
Cheers
Mal

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
My car is still in the shop. It was originally estimated to be completed on 9/24. Then there was a delay with the door so it changed to 10/5. Now tomorrow will mark twenty-one business days (twenty-nine days) since I dropped it off.

Side note, my inspection and emissions are now overdue as they expired in September. Since I was expecting the car back on 9/24 I figured I'd have time to get it done.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
My car is still in the shop. It was originally estimated to be completed on 9/24. Then there was a delay with the door so it changed to 10/5. Now tomorrow will mark twenty-one business days (twenty-nine days) since I dropped it off.

Side note, my inspection and emissions are now overdue as they expired in September. Since I was expecting the car back on 9/24 I figured I'd have time to get it done.

took 67 days for me with my pano leak

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Switched out new factory plugs and switched over to APR coils today:

Attachments

• 8FC14478-8974-44D4-89EA-D0046A4039BB.jpeg
    8FC14478-8974-44D4-89EA-D0046A4039BB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
took 67 days for me with my pano leak

I think part of the issue is that the body shop I have gone to for any work in the past is now under new management and they're taking on more work than they can handle. The guy just said this morning they have three guys and eighty-eight cars in the queue. He also said they're taking in approximately twenty new cars per week.

I'm not much of a body repair expert, but I don't see how three guys can complete twenty cars per week..

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Saw 278° on the MFD .

Was at COTA having a blast. Passed a corvette and he wasn't happy trying to catch up, so I was pushing hard. Then I noticed oil temp and had to back off. Funny thing is I saw him back way off too around the same time. Wonder if he was having cooling issues as will. Had to short shift after that for half a lap. Then when I was good, I would just shift at 5800-6k instead of 6800 for the rest of my sessions.

Other than that, car did great. 130 mph on the back straight and no brake fade. Rs4 Tires held up great.

Actually started in novice group fast. I lapped them, so instructor said to go to fastest group. Only 1 car I couldn't keep up with and it wasn't the GT3. it was an SLS.

So he advised to move into intermediate group for afternoon. Started in slow and passed all of them, then told to go in fast group. That's when the overheating happened. At this level, I felt slow tbh. Civic type r passed me like nothing. Wrx I just couldn't keep up with. Of course then you have the M4, GT3 with good drivers that are light years faster.

Soooo. I thought the 1.8 wouldn't have the cooling issues like the GTI, but I guess I was wrong. Time for an auxiliary cooler. Of course I have time since next track day is in December, so it'll be cool...hopefully

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Saw 278° on the MFD .

Was at COTA having a blast. Passed a corvette and he wasn't happy trying to catch up, so I was pushing hard. Then I noticed oil temp and had to back off. Funny thing is I saw him back way off too around the same time. Wonder if he was having cooling issues as will. Had to short shift after that for half a lap. Then when I was good, I would just shift at 5800-6k instead of 6800 for the rest of my sessions.

Other than that, car did great. 130 mph on the back straight and no brake fade. Rs4 Tires held up great.

Actually started in novice group fast. I lapped them, so instructor said to go to fastest group. Only 1 car I couldn't keep up with and it wasn't the GT3. it was an SLS.

So he advised to move into intermediate group for afternoon. Started in slow and passed all of them, then told to go in fast group. That's when the overheating happened. At this level, I felt slow tbh. Civic type r passed me like nothing. Wrx I just couldn't keep up with. Of course then you have the M4, GT3 with good drivers that are light years faster.

Soooo. I thought the 1.8 wouldn't have the cooling issues like the GTI, but I guess I was wrong. Time for an auxiliary cooler. Of course I have time since next track day is in December, so it'll be cool...hopefully
Sounds like you did well -- an oil cooler has been on my radar for a while, but I'm inclined towards a far less aggressive build. I think it's going to wind up being a matter of what kind of temps I see. Typically 230° is about the upper end of what I see as it's currently set up, I have a twintercooler clone so I'm unsure if an oil cooler will fit in the intended location. Is there an ideal operating temperature range for oil on these cars? I'm aware of the rule of thumb to avoid high boost/heavy throttle application below 180°, but I'm not sure what to expect as far as an upper ceiling.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
I washed and gassed it today.

But really what I did, using some ruthless culling and Grandmaster level Tetris, is get her to fit in my single garage, along with 1 huge touring motorcycle, 1 small cruiser motorcycle, 1 fridge, 1 mechanic's toolbox, 2 generators, 2 bicycles, a shop vac, and sundry other tools, ladders, fluids, shovels, other long-handled implements, boxes, bags, camping gear, motorcycle parts, tires, etc.

I even have enough room to open the driver's door all the way.

It snowed today in Calgary, if anyone is keeping score.

WIN.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Sounds like you did well -- an oil cooler has been on my radar for a while, but I'm inclined towards a far less aggressive build. I think it's going to wind up being a matter of what kind of temps I see. Typically 230° is about the upper end of what I see as it's currently set up, I have a twintercooler clone so I'm unsure if an oil cooler will fit in the intended location. Is there an ideal operating temperature range for oil on these cars? I'm aware of the rule of thumb to avoid high boost/heavy throttle application below 180°, but I'm not sure what to expect as far as an upper ceiling.

Really don't know, but from what I've read, 270's on track is pretty normal.

When I started shifting earlier and putting it in 3rd in corners 13 & 14, was around 265. It seemed like having it in 2nd on those 2 corners made the biggest difference in temps. Also made me a lot slower, but would rather have a working car at the end of the day.

Haven't read enough to see how much an oil cooler helps, but I know there's a few threads about it

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Really don't know, but from what I've read, 270's on track is pretty normal.

When I started shifting earlier and putting it in 3rd in corners 13 & 14, was around 265. It seemed like having it in 2nd on those 2 corners made the biggest difference in temps. Also made me a lot slower, but would rather have a working car at the end of the day.

Haven't read enough to see how much an oil cooler helps, but I know there's a few threads about it

So far the cumulative consensus is all aftermarket radiator, aux Rad & oil coolers currently available are insufficient in size/capacity even when used as a complete replacement for OEM together. ***for those with 300whp or more***.

The bone stock guys will chime in with how their car doesn’t get hot if I don’t clarify that.

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
One of the first mods I done with a tune was replacing the sump with a decent baffle system . The tune gives me 400+whp soon to be 500 and my oil temps are 5-10c cooler but the heat recovering is where the iabled industries sump excels .

Looking at a Plazmaman W2A inter-cooler , may save the A2A pre heater the rad .

Oil cooler not fitted yet .
IMG20191220125749 - Copy.jpg

Cheers
Mal

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
So far the cumulative consensus is all aftermarket radiator, aux Rad & oil coolers currently available are insufficient in size/capacity even when used as a complete replacement for OEM together. ***for those with 300whp or more***.

The bone stock guys will chime in with how their car doesn’t get hot if I don’t clarify that.
Thanks -- I'm looking pretty firmly at EQT's stage 1 tune, I don't track the car but it's good to have an idea of what the 'calm down before the oil gets unhappy' range is like.

I'm also planning to ride out the stock clutch, I really don't ever do hard launches and I'm hopeful to mainly use the additional power in 3rd/4th on the highway, but otherwise continue to drive it like a normal human. At least til the clutch starts to go 😉

red450

Car(s)
2016 MK7 Golf TSI SE
I decided to put in an on/off switch for my hatch light:
PXL_20211011_201014154.jpg
PXL_20211012_134141674.jpg
PXL_20211012_134130724.jpg

Took all of 10 minutes to install. Next step is to swap out for the LED bulb.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Picked up my car from the shop, and the corner of the bumper is bent in, bulging, and not sitting flush with the fender. I pointed this out to the shop two months ago during my initial estimate and said it was going to need a new bumper, not just a repair. They didn't listen and just repaired it. Now they're going to have to submit another supplement to insurance for a bumper replacement.

If only someone told them that two months ago. I know I'm just a customer off the street and not a body repair expert, but that's two times now I've told both insurance and the body shop something would need replaced and they didn't listen and I ended up being right.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks -- I'm looking pretty firmly at EQT's stage 1 tune, I don't track the car but it's good to have an idea of what the 'calm down before the oil gets unhappy' range is like.

I'm also planning to ride out the stock clutch, I really don't ever do hard launches and I'm hopeful to mainly use the additional power in 3rd/4th on the highway, but otherwise continue to drive it like a normal human. At least til the clutch starts to go 😉
EQT's latest tunes also lower oil and water temps 10-15*.