GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
easy my a$$, my inlet pipe install was a pain in the butt. When installing, took me 33565468985775443342546847464523 tries to get the turn and lock to sit right.
Sorry to hear that. Mine was just about 10 min total for the turbo inlet pipe.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Installed 8” glass screen to my 2016 SE. Purchased from Eurozone Tuning. Install took about 20mins. Wrapped the bezel in CF wrap to match the rest but it’s been a while and I’m rusty 😩 You can see the obvious bubble. Couldn’t smooth it out. Will redo at a later date.
4A02087A-3ABF-44AB-AD06-8CE03867D4E0.jpeg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
New maps for me 😬. I think I noticed more detail in neighborhoods/parking lots, basically places you drive that aren't roads... but it could be in my head. I haven't been driving the car much lately and naturally I want to see something new in the 2022 maps. Especially given the 2022 database is 9GB+ larger than the 2021... What's in there? Maybe it's just POIs, would love to search for the nearest Chick-fil-A on the factory nav instead of shamefully typing in the street address and saving it as a custom location 😂.
PXL_20211007_011010155.jpgPXL_20211007_014323354.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Installed 8” glass screen to my 2016 SE. Purchased from Eurozone Tuning. Install took about 20mins. Wrapped the bezel in CF wrap to match the rest but it’s been a while and I’m rusty 😩 You can see the obvious bubble. Couldn’t smooth it out. Will redo at a later date.
View attachment 227272
Looks good, wish they were not so proud of those or I would get one.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
View attachment 227272
Have a larger pic? CF wrap I would think would be a nice upgrade over the chiny finger print heavy plastic stuff.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
You can find the screen (used) for ~$250 shipped on eBay
5G6919605B - screen with nav
5G6919605C - screen without nav (these are a harder to find)

And the bezel brand new from several VW parts dealers for ~175
5GM819728FQYI

That puts you around $450... not cheap but more than $200 less than EZT.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

You can find the screen (used) for ~$250 shipped on eBay
5G6919605B - screen with nav
5G6919605C - screen without nav (these are a harder to find)

And the bezel brand new from several VW parts dealers for ~175
5GM819728FQYI

That puts you around $450... not cheap but more than $200 less than EZT.

Man, if you're patient and diligent with looking, you can even do it for half of that.

A couple tips for anyone looking to do this:

When searching on eBay, make sure to do an Advanced search for the part number, and check the box "Search including titles and descriptions". Many of them don't include the part number in the title, but do in the description. I got one for $140 that way (5G6919605C):

1633646139029.png

Really look at the auctions, and take advantage that you can return just about anything purchased on eBay. I'm not saying 'abuse' it, but with a lot of these auctions it's hard to tell exactly what you're going to get. Like, look at this auction for example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144161919781

It says it's for part 5G6919605C, but doesn't include a single picture of what is actually being sold. But it is from a car with 9,000 miles on it, that was totaled in a rear end accident. That screen is probably pristine, since it's a newer car with low miles, in an accident that shouldn't have impacted it whatsoever. However, if you get something broken or damaged, or the wrong part (that happened to me), just return it.

Grab the trim off AliExpress for under $40 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002680410738.html

I had no problems doing the upgrade for under $200.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Got it inspected for COTA track day on Sunday. I'm in novice group, so only 2 x 30 min sessions with an instructor. Intermediate next time will be 5 sessions.

So here's how you know you have a good shop.

They told me my ECS bleeder block is leaking. If I want to change it to an oem one. Sure. Sounds good.

Then I remembered the yellow delay valve so after about an hour, text them back if they can remove it before installing.

Text back that mechanic already installed the block, but she would ask.

Get a text back "He removed it, haha he said your not working with first graders." 😂

Get there and there's the little yellow diaphragm taped to my paperwork. He had already removed it before I even reached out.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Got it inspected for COTA track day on Sunday. I'm in novice group, so only 2 x 30 min sessions with an instructor. Intermediate next time will be 5 sessions.

So here's how you know you have a good shop.

They told me my ECS bleeder block is leaking. If I want to change it to an oem one. Sure. Sounds good.

Then I remembered the yellow delay valve so after about an hour, text them back if they can remove it before installing.

Text back that mechanic already installed the block, but she would ask.

Get a text back "He removed it, haha he said your not working with first graders." 😂

Get there and there's the little yellow diaphragm taped to my paperwork. He had already removed it before I even reached out.
Nice. Which shop was this? I need to get my PP drained. Hehe, that sounds wrong. I need my diff fluid changed.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Man, if you're patient and diligent with looking, you can even do it for half of that.

A couple tips for anyone looking to do this:

When searching on eBay, make sure to do an Advanced search for the part number, and check the box "Search including titles and descriptions". Many of them don't include the part number in the title, but do in the description. I got one for $140 that way (5G6919605C):

View attachment 227379

Really look at the auctions, and take advantage that you can return just about anything purchased on eBay. I'm not saying 'abuse' it, but with a lot of these auctions it's hard to tell exactly what you're going to get. Like, look at this auction for example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144161919781

It says it's for part 5G6919605C, but doesn't include a single picture of what is actually being sold. But it is from a car with 9,000 miles on it, that was totaled in a rear end accident. That screen is probably pristine, since it's a newer car with low miles, in an accident that shouldn't have impacted it whatsoever. However, if you get something broken or damaged, or the wrong part (that happened to me), just return it.

Grab the trim off AliExpress for under $40 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002680410738.html

I had no problems doing the upgrade for under $200.
Good find, I went ahead and watch-listed that. It's the part# I need so I will try to get it. Appreciate the help.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Nice. Which shop was this? I need to get my PP drained. Hehe, that sounds wrong. I need my diff fluid changed.
😂😂

Brink Motorsports

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Gave it a wash, and took it out to take some photos. My wife complained I didn't have any good photos that aren't in our driveway, and asked me to go take some. My birthday is in a week, so I assume it's something birthday related, since she'd never just go "Why don't you go out and take some photos of your car?" :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 226933

Here's some more good stonework.

View attachment 226944

So I was right with the "She probably needs a picture for something for a gift" thought. She had a custom art piece commissioned.

1633700603856.png

Thoughtful gift, and I'm a fan of the artwork itself. Definitely think she got it from a guy who usually does JDM artwork. Even she goes "I realized it just looks like your car is on a Japanese flag". Bless her heart, she has no idea of JDM or Euro. A car is a car to her lol. Still like it and have a print in my office :)