GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Well not really on the car, more so the extra spare wheel i plan to mount a tire on..

Carbon fiber wrapped stock Austin.

Attachments

• 6431360C-8E23-4808-AFE4-53ACBB239DA1.jpeg
    6431360C-8E23-4808-AFE4-53ACBB239DA1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 103
  • B114B9FB-A0BD-406E-9F50-D7079F80EB0E.jpeg
    B114B9FB-A0BD-406E-9F50-D7079F80EB0E.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 107

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Not me really. Gave my nephew my old Audi wheels a while back. He finally got some tires mounted, but unfortunately he got 225's. Told him to get 245's to lessen gap, since he doesn't plan on suspension work.

20211002_153850.jpg

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Changed my spark plugs, Iā€™m pretty sure they were the originals with 80k.

donā€™t know much about spark plugs, how do they look?
4D38A72E-F8B0-4AFA-91E4-C155CB07613D.jpeg

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
My exhaust had been vibrating against the rear diffuser, making a super loud rattling noise at low speeds. Was able to adjust the height using supplied Verus spacers without having to jack up the car/put on ramps. Problem solved, for now!
5C20CDA8-4496-4E32-BB25-0A5672375652.jpeg
36A40611-2DAB-46CB-806C-030C1A730445.jpeg

Also, off topic, but adopted this very sweet, slightly derpy girl last week. Sheā€™s a 2yr old basenji/Australian shepherd (guesses) mix. Her first ride in the GTI was on the way back from the shelter was a bit shaky and loud, but I think sheā€™ll grow to like it.
D62B5BBB-329B-44FE-8CC8-CB8E733B9BFC.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
all of that.

True kick in the nuts this AM. Went to change lanes b/c person doing 35 in left lane, get in the middle lane and saw the rock in the middle of the road at the last possible second.

You know they're straight up high when they're doing 35 mph in the fast lane at 4 AM. They were 100% eating a 10 pack of Tacos from Taco Bell.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've spent 2 days installing koni sports and mss springs.

Make sure you sand the paint off the bottom of the front struts, get a REAL strut spreader kit, and grease the bottom of the strut. Also, make sure you have both a 16mm and 17mm offset box wrench with 75 deg angle for the rears.

Konis instructions for adjusting the rears is terrible. You need to compress them fully, with in mm of the threads. No possible way to do it by hand, like in the videos Koni has online. You need a mounted vice (protect the threads) or I bolted an L bracket to top of my workbench and drilled a hole to bolt the rear shock shaft to, then pushed in full, set to full soft, then adjusted.

Still couldn't get the fronts the final inch, put wheels on lowered car, backed out of driveway, drove to driveway, the hit from going up the drive, fully seated them.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I've spent 2 days installing koni sports and mss springs.

Make sure you sand the paint off the bottom of the front struts, get a REAL strut spreader kit, and grease the bottom of the strut. Also, make sure you have both a 16mm and 17mm offset box wrench with 75 deg angle for the rears.

Konis instructions for adjusting the rears is terrible. You need to compress them fully, with in mm of the threads. No possible way to do it by hand, like in the videos Koni has online. You need a mounted vice (protect the threads) or I bolted an L bracket to top of my workbench and drilled a hole to bolt the rear shock shaft to, then pushed in full, set to full soft, then adjusted.

Still couldn't get the fronts the final inch, put wheels on lowered car, backed out of driveway, drove to driveway, the hit from going up the drive, fully seated them.
Sounds unpleasant!

With all the suspension removals Iā€™ve done on the mk6, mk7, and the Tiguan now šŸ˜‚.

I did the lowering springs on Tiguan last weekend from 9:30am to 2:30pm wheels up to wheels down.

Looked great with the spulen springs and oem struts but was just 1/2ā€ too low for me so today swapped those for a set of coilovers front and back. Time I had the lady with me to step on the brakes and hand me tools šŸ˜‚. Fucking zoomed through the project 4:30pm to 8:30pm !!! Quick jacks also help at ton!

Sounds like the koniā€™s adjustments arenā€™t with knob and are like the adjustable struts on my 1970 Camaro - where you have remove from car and fully compress them turn the shaft and feel the clicks.

Last edited: