GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
2nd attempt at ordering a personalized plate. 5 months just got the notice my first try got rejected. I tried to get 5POOLED they said it was too similar to another plate. Guessing SPOOLED. So, I ordered FSTSNAL Fast Snail. We will see. CA is so damned slow now it will be likely 6 months before I get anything. I also preferred how it was in the past. You would pick 5-10 options and they would give you the first approved on instead of this process, picking one that gets through their filters only to be told no it is too similar.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
2nd attempt at ordering a personalized plate. 5 months just got the notice my first try got rejected. I tried to get 5POOLED they said it was too similar to another plate. Guessing SPOOLED. So, I ordered FSTSNAL Fast Snail. We will see. CA is so damned slow now it will be likely 6 months before I get anything. I also preferred how it was in the past. You would pick 5-10 options and they would give you the first approved on instead of this process, picking one that gets through their filters only to be told no it is too similar.

In Idaho I sat down and pretty much picked what I wanted right away. Plate showed up a few weeks later.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I swear when I glanced at your 2nd choice I read fist anal............

scott59

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI S 6MT
Not what I did but what co-worker did, couple days ago, backed into my hood! (older Tacoma pickup), crap.
Took it to Dent Busters, about 1600 bucks, said they would partial paint the hood, replace grille and emblem, both cracked.
Then went to local body shop, they said they would paint the whole hood, quotes are about 7 dollars apart, they also said I would need to get the front sensor re-calibrated (additional 300 bucks) at dealership.
Dent Busters didn't mention that. Wondering if it's really needed and if I can tell if it's needed.
Dent1.JPG

Oh, and when we checked the damage, happen to notice a pack rat had made a nice nest on my battery from the insulation on the fire wall, luckily, so far, doesn't look like any wires got chewed on.
Not a good day.
Rats Nest 2.JPG

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not what I did but what co-worker did, couple days ago, backed into my hood! (older Tacoma pickup), crap.
Took it to Dent Busters, about 1600 bucks, said they would partial paint the hood, replace grille and emblem, both cracked.
Then went to local body shop, they said they would paint the whole hood, quotes are about 7 dollars apart, they also said I would need to get the front sensor re-calibrated (additional 300 bucks) at dealership.
Dent Busters didn't mention that. Wondering if it's really needed and if I can tell if it's needed.
View attachment 226786

Oh, and when we checked the damage, happen to notice a pack rat had made a nice nest on my battery from the insulation on the fire wall, luckily, so far, doesn't look like any wires got chewed on.
Not a good day.
View attachment 226787
I definitely would use the body shop since the price is basically the same and they are more knowledgeable. You may or may not need the front sensor calibrated. Might be a good idea to open your hood more often. 😂

scott59

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI S 6MT
Yes good idea, I'm thinking that rat wasn't there for very long, think I had the hood open a couple weeks ago. I'll go 3 or 4 days without driving as I ride my bicycle to work. I did trap one last night, and now I keep my hood open at night (in car port) and a couple rat traps around my car.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Yes good idea, I'm thinking that rat wasn't there for very long, think I had the hood open a couple weeks ago. I'll go 3 or 4 days without driving as I ride my bicycle to work. I did trap one last night, and now I keep my hood open at night (in car port) and a couple rat traps around my car.
peanut butter on the traps?