GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
I had to buy a computer ): BUT my P3 boost gauge did show up and a buddy of mine gave me some LED's to try and install. I'll probably wait a bit (maybe the weekend,) to do it. Boost gauge seems kinda complicated, it's not the analog one, which means I have to tap into some places.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Dropped it off at the body shop after four weeks of waiting. Got a tiny ass chevy spark as my rental, and holy shit, the bluetooth for calls sounds 100000000x better than in my GTI.
about the only thing going for it

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Dropped it off at the body shop after four weeks of waiting. Got a tiny ass chevy spark as my rental, and holy shit, the bluetooth for calls sounds 100000000x better than in my GTI.

Spark - 1
GTI - 0

Advantage Spark. Rethinking my purchase decision 😂

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Done ECU tuning with Nick, here's the final log. The car hauls ass and I'm very happy with the tune... For anyone adept at understanding the nuance of these logs, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Mk7 is38 GTI 2nd-4th pull

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Done ECU tuning with Nick, here's the final log. The car hauls ass and I'm very happy with the tune... For anyone adept at understanding the nuance of these logs, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Mk7 is38 GTI 2nd-4th pull
Not much to talk about, lol. It’s a clean, not on the edge or maxing out the wastegate or scary timing for a pump gas tune. Just great safe fun

Extra note I see is that jakes fmic is doing a great job with a is38 pump tune - kept the temp flatlined through the whole pull.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Not much to talk about, lol. It’s a clean, not on the edge or maxing out the wastegate or scary timing for a pump gas tune. Just great safe fun
Cool, that was the goal. I kinda feel like if an OTS tune was available when I was ready then it would have made more sense to go that route only because it only took one revision to complete the "custom tune." At the same token, I understand this isn't some BT w/ fueling set up that would require a ton of back and forth.
Extra note I see is that jakes fmic is doing a great job with a is38 pump tune - kept the temp flatlined through the whole pull.
Yep and that was after two previous 2-3 pulls. Solid unit.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Cool, that was the goal. I kinda feel like if an OTS tune was available when I was ready then it would have made more sense to go that route only because it only took one revision to complete the "custom tune." At the same token, I understand this isn't some BT w/ fueling set up that would require a ton of back and forth.

Yep and that was after two previous 2-3 pulls. Solid unit.
Sneeky has is38 ots

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Installed AWE Track Edition exhaust in my mother's driveway. Definitely helps to have a buddy to hold stuff while the other bolts in down... It's paired to the stock downpipe so it is VERY tame but I honestly love it. I didn't want anything overly loud or to piss my neighbors off every morning when I turn it on to go to work. It has a super clean sound. When you get on it, that super clean sound just gets more deep. It's perfect in my opinion. It may get louder over I think they say 800 miles but if were maintaining this tone, I'd be happy. The tips are beautiful as well.
20210918_142918.jpg