Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Got sandwiched between two 18-wheelers. Those guys are always swerving all over the place. Car is pretty much damaged from the front bumper, through both doors, to the rear bumper on both sides. Including my new Rotiforms.. :(
Bro that sucks....badly. Really glad you're well enough at least to post, but wow.......brutal

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Oh jeez. How bad is the damage? I'm glad you're OK at least, probably could have been a lot worse with two semis involved.

I would like to see more pics when you get a chance.

also pics.....

that sucks

Passenger side is bumper, wheel/tire, and fender. Driver side is the worst. Big rigs wheel just kept spinning along side the whole car. Damage goes from the front bumper all the way down to the back bumper.

Damage 2.jpg
Damage 3.jpg

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Is it a write-off?

I don't think it's that bad.. Car should be worth around $18k-21k pre-accident. I'm no auto body expert, but I would guess driver door and both fenders replaced and the rest repaired. They'll probably also want to repair the wheels too instead of replace, but I'm not sure how I feel about that considering they're basically brand new.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Is it a write-off?

I don't think it's that bad.. Car should be worth around $18k-21k pre-accident. I'm no auto body expert, but I would guess driver door and both fenders replaced and the rest repaired. They'll probably also want to repair the wheels too instead of replace, but I'm not sure how I feel about that considering they're basically brand new.

Doesn't look like a write off....structurally still sound and no beam bent. I think a body shop could turn that around easily and bonus...new paint....I'd pay for roof so the whole car could be painted.

Regarding the wheels.....they may just give you OEM cost .....don't think they'll repair Rotiforms......but I could be wrong.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Doesn't look like a write off....structurally still sound and no beam bent. I think a body shop could turn that around easily and bonus...new paint....I'd pay for roof so the whole car could be painted.

Regarding the wheels.....they may just give you OEM cost .....don't think they'll repair Rotiforms......but I could be wrong.

I figured they'd want one of those "wheel repair in a van" places to repair them. Since the tires are basically brand new they'll only replace the popped one as well. Less than 1,000 miles on them so no worry about different tread depths yet.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I figured they'd want one of those "wheel repair in a van" places to repair them. Since the tires are basically brand new they'll only replace the popped one as well. Less than 1,000 miles on them so no worry about different tread depths yet.
I've used those before and they really do phenom work

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Biggest annoyance of this whole thing is all the local body shops are 4-5 weeks out on taking new customers. "No one drove for a year and now they don't remember how" is pretty much what every shop said.
Insurance covering a rental?