GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

dmsyr

Ready to race!
Put on the badgeskins overlays on the front and rear "GTI" badges I bought from @parabolicmagnetism

Haven't done the fender fins or the steering wheel badges yet.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Paid $7,000 on principal. $7,000 left until paid off. :)
That's exciting! It's nice to have the extra funds available to get ahead on things like loans... If I were a smart man, I'd start working on getting ahead on my house once my GTI is paid off, but where's the fun in that?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That's exciting! It's nice to have the extra funds available to get ahead on things like loans... If I were a smart man, I'd start working on getting ahead on my house once my GTI is paid off, but where's the fun in that?
The fun is having a lot of equity in your house.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
I just refinanced from a 30 to a 15 and was able to cut my interest rate in half... Payment went up about $200 and I'll save thousands over the life of the loan. At 2.25% interest, I'll dump all of my extra cash in mutual funds rather than pay off the mortgage early.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Installed a Stern rear subframe brace. It was short in all directions. There was a 3-4mm gap to the subframe in the center. I had to make three steel shims to fill the gap. That took a lot of dremelling and using a hacksaw.

I also have a rear euro cover with a bracket that uses one of the side holes for the brace. The brace was getting off center with the bracket in place, so I had to decrease the bracket thickness. Lots of dremelling and hacking again.

In the end the center bolts were a tiny bit misaligned. Using the crazy mk5 torque values (there are no installation instructions for the mk7), i ended up snapping one of the center bolts. Luckily i had front strut tower bolts laying around after installing a Eurosport tower brace, so i used one of those leftover OEM bolts for one of the middle holes on the Stern brace. Torqued all four to about 25-30 ft-lb and used blue loctite.

Overall what should have been a half hour install took me a good 5 hours. Will see how it goes. If i don't like it, I'll be putting the brace up for sale.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So many people paying off their cars. Makes me think I should put my work bonus this years towards my balance and not towards mods..

While you're behind the wheel, a financed, modded car is more fun to drive than a stock, fully paid car.

However, when you're not behind the wheel, a fully paid car is far more fiscally responsible.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Replaced my 7.5 stock LED tail outers with their euro counterparts for a proper amber turn signal. Re-pinned two wires in each connector, some minor coding adjustments, and boom -- much better than the NAR brake light blinker we got. Massive thanks to @ZERO815 for flawless instructions on both the wiring and coding.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif