GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't think that explains the disconnects. Shitty charging ports on modern phones do. :) I mean how fucking sturdy does the connection need to be for AA to work? Should I design a Kalashnikov connection with high tolerance to dirt, snow, sand, meteorites, highway trash? Sheesh...
My reply was for the ones who said when they hit a bump when the phone is face up. And you're right about the disconnects.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
My reply was for the ones who said when they hit a bump when the phone is face up. And you're right about the disconnects.
Type C seems to be relatively prone to failure, compared to MicroUSB. Personally, I've repeatedly had issues with my phone not connecting to charging/data cables from various manufacturers, but once lint is cleaned out and hit with a little contact cleaner, it'll work fine for several months until it needs cleaned again. Someday I'll wind up getting a case with a cover for the type-C port. I've also had several users experience type C port failure on laptops, where they're used for passing power, display, network connectivity and more to a docking station.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I don't think that explains the disconnects. Shitty charging ports on modern phones do. :) I mean how fucking sturdy does the connection need to be for AA to work? Should I design a Kalashnikov connection with high tolerance to dirt, snow, sand, meteorites, highway trash? Sheesh...
I was having the same problem until I switched to a better usb cable. I would post the link but it's no longer available on amazon

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I had a type c cord fail on me, usually i just open up the cable and re-solder the leads onto the connector when that happens, but type c cables have so many tiny fingers on the PCB that they are basically un-serviceable. The solder joints on those tiny fingers are very prone to breaking I think, which is why i've gone through more type c cables in the past year than micro-usb in the past 10. I switched to the type of charger with the little magnetic dongle that stays in the phone and its great, as long as its not in the car. The magnet isnt strong enough for that

What13

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Saw red high temp caliper paint and thought, why not?

GTI engine_sm.jpg

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
its gonna make some interesting noises if it actually goes through that intake lol
oops... sorry about that, im bad at reading and read that WAY wrong lol.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Went camping at Lake George last weekend. Those cool air, mountain roads are incredible with the tuned Alltrack. Had so much more fun this year than last year. Car was bone stock last year, this year it’s got APR Plus, upgraded wheels/tires, and an RSB.

Bonus pics of the babies sleeping after a long day playing fetch in the lake

Attachments

• 5DA8988E-5D92-46F2-B796-9DD55B4E1CE7.jpeg
    5DA8988E-5D92-46F2-B796-9DD55B4E1CE7.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 104
  • 366F85F2-A77D-4FD4-837F-543EC2B63A94.jpeg
    366F85F2-A77D-4FD4-837F-543EC2B63A94.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 94
  • DAA346A6-2412-42E5-95B0-D474E72CDD96.jpeg
    DAA346A6-2412-42E5-95B0-D474E72CDD96.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 96
  • FA38FE3A-1E1D-449F-842D-2DD81FB25A11.jpeg
    FA38FE3A-1E1D-449F-842D-2DD81FB25A11.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
  • 1C8E8B5F-6F1F-4ACA-9F3B-D4B05733A7E4.jpeg
    1C8E8B5F-6F1F-4ACA-9F3B-D4B05733A7E4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 104

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Went camping at Lake George last weekend. Those cool air, mountain roads are incredible with the tuned Alltrack. Had so much more fun this year than last year. Car was bone stock last year, this year it’s got APR Plus, upgraded wheels/tires, and an RSB.

Bonus pics of the babies sleeping after a long day playing fetch in the lake
Name checks out ✔

What13

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Too clean of an engine bay to be saddled with that junk fabric battery cover. Black dipstick and washer fluid cap would be my next purchases.

Yeah, I think the battery cover looks goofy. It just hasn't annoyed me enough to do anything about it :D

its gonna make some interesting noises if it actually goes through that intake lol
"whoosh clunk clunk crunch!"