GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Ragu are you using OEM wheel bolts for those? I've been eyeing those same wheels and was curious if i can just transfer over the wheel bolts that came with my flush kit or if I can just use the OEM ones

I've got a stud conversion and am using small diameter spline drive lug nuts. You will need spline lug bolts since the Motegis have tiny lug nut/bolt openingts. You also can't use OEM bolts as they are not conical seat.

carrots

Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI Rabbit
I've got a stud conversion and am using small diameter spline drive lug nuts. You will need spline lug bolts since the Motegis have tiny lug nut/bolt openingts. You also can't use OEM bolts as they are not conical seat.
Thanks for the quick response. I've never ordered wheels before so this is all new to me. Just doing some quick Google-fu led me to these bolts...do you think they will work?

These things

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Did you drop down to 12x1.5? I have 14x1.5 and couldn’t find any nuts to fit with a socket. If you have a link to the ones you’re using please share it.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Thanks for the quick response. I've never ordered wheels before so this is all new to me. Just doing some quick Google-fu led me to these bolts...do you think they will work?

These things

Those should work but hopefully someone else can also chime in because I switched to studs as soon as I got the car and haven't gotten aftermarket bolts.

GekigangerV

Car(s)
2019 VW GTI SE DSG
Keep us informed how this works.
It works great! It works the same as if I had my iPhone directly connected via the USB to Lightning cable. The only difference is that it take a little longer for the phone to make the connection since the radio first connects to the wireless module, and then the wireless module connects to the phone. The extra time is negligible, and the convenience factor is high.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
The dyno wasn't reading AFR properly. Had been warned before hand. The logs were completely fine.

Tested it afterwards on the street as well and it ran perfectly.
Pretty obvious that was the case. Should go without saying considering the car would’ve immediately freaked out 😍

respectable numbers dude! Just gotta kill boost some past 5k rpm for the sake of tapering some.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I raised the car up a little last night and did the fender screw mod and took it out for a test drive today. No rubbing from what I can hear! The car still looks good IMO.

I also got rid of the top shock adjuster so there's a bit more space between the shock top and strut tower and so I don't have to cut the plastic shroud thing on top.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The dyno wasn't reading AFR properly. Had been warned before hand. The logs were completely fine.

Tested it afterwards on the street as well and it ran perfectly.
Since they use the dyno for tuning purposes they better fix their AFR sensor fast.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
And you'll also need a thin wall socket so you don't scratch the wheels installing or removing the lug bolts.