GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Sweet! So this downpipe, in theory, should be CEL free running a Stage 2 map that doesn't suppress O2 sensor readiness?
Is that a thing? I thought all stage 2 maps (from all tuning companies) prevented the car from being able to set 02 readiness.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I curbed one of my RSE16's. Almost made me cry. First time in 35 years driving I've curbed a wheel. Luckily it was the set I use for my autocross tires. No damage to the tire. The set I have for the street tires are still good.

Anyone know if the RSE16 in satin bronze is the light or dark version? Neuspeed sells touch up paint, but lists 2 different satin bronze.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I'm gonna need some more info on the ACC relocation bracket.

I took some notes while building it, but it’s a really tight fit and as it sits now it’s not functional (faulting, because it’s out of calibration).

Honestly it was kind of a pain and probably not worth the hassle in hindsight since it’ll still need tweaked a bit. We did a whole laundry list of mods & maintenance that day, 8 hours worth actually, so he needed to get going and further adjustments will have to wait.

Solid question
Most stage 2 tunes do turn off the downstream o2, which is why we tested it before tuning the car.
Is that a thing? I thought all stage 2 maps (from all tuning companies) prevented the car from being able to set 02 readiness.
Not all, but most. I believe APR (RIP) & UNI both offered tunes with it still enabled, but as you know UNI isn’t exactly up on their own tunes and often screws up which is which somehow (I’ve seen that be a issue for a bunch of people).

Anyway the real solution is flash back to the stock map before testing

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I took some notes while building it, but it’s a really tight fit and as it sits now it’s not functional (faulting, because it’s out of calibration).

Honestly it was kind of a pain and probably not worth the hassle in hindsight since it’ll still need tweaked a bit. We did a whole laundry list of mods & maintenance that day, 8 hours worth actually, so he needed to get going and further adjustments will have to wait.

Most stage 2 tunes do turn off the downstream o2, which is why we tested it before tuning the car.

Not all, but most. I believe APR (RIP) & UNI both offered tunes with it still enabled, but as you know UNI isn’t exactly up on their own tunes and often screws up which is which somehow (I’ve seen that be a issue for a bunch of people).

Anyway the real solution is flash back to the stock map before testing
I’m just sitting here. Looking all sexy for no damn reason. Cuz there still isn’t a carb approved gesi cat 😂

saw the video on your channel. She sounds great dude! Too bad it was wet out. Would’ve loved to hear it at 110%

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S

AFAIK there are maps you can go with that don't touch any of that stuff. I *think* the Cobb OTS maps don't touch anything emissions related. I imagine any of the major tuners could set you up with a custom map that wouldn't touch O2 readiness, even if their OTS options do.

But also don't listen to me.. my car is still on the stock tune LOL

EDIT: Everyone above me has a better reply for ya

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Me and the daughter gave it a much needed bath...... then it rained on the way home. So sick of rain. Lol.

Attachments

• 20210612_193911.jpg
    20210612_193911.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 89
  • 20210612_193836.jpg
    20210612_193836.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 94

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m just sitting here. Looking all sexy for no damn reason. Cuz there still isn’t a carb approved gesi cat 😂

saw the video on your channel. She sounds great dude! Too bad it was wet out. Would’ve loved to hear it at 110%

There never will be, carb approval is an extremely expensive process of lab testing specific parts for a specific application. GESI makes universal cats, so while these cats could be used in a part that got carb approval it’s extremely unlikely any manufacturer would take that on.

Basically it would be like a $12,000 downpipe if it ever happened...you know, because Cali does all the things that make all the sense for all the right reasons

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah, if car passes tailpipe emissions, shouldn't really matter what parts are on the car.

I get why we need to cut emissions, increase mileage, etc... but CARB approval is a scam.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
There never will be, carb approval is an extremely expensive process of lab testing specific parts for a specific application. GESI makes universal cats, so while these cats could be used in a part that got carb approval it’s extremely unlikely any manufacturer would take that on.

Basically it would be like a $12,000 downpipe if it ever happened...you know, because Cali does all the things that make all the sense for all the right reasons
Oh yeah. I know that. Besides doesn’t magnaflow still have the carb exclusivity? (Just looked it up, magnaflows exclusivity was over a long while ago, sorry)

carb is such a hustle. People from California protest over every little thing and somehow they allowed carb to become the monster it is. It’s crazy. My fucking state is a carb state now too. But yeah, I don’t see anything under a 1200 cell passing carb. Seems super unlikely.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Well, I didn't do it to the car but I found a staple in the driver's side rear tire.

:(

It's in the tread so hopefully it's salvageable. Tire place opens in 2 hours.

Such a waste, its 58 degrees and sunny, could be shredding the driving roads but no..

Last edited: