GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
5mm front spacers and minor paint correction (orange pad + sf3500), 2 layers of polish (powerlock+), 1 layer of wax (845). Adding another coat of 845 tomorrow.

PXL_20210609_053938878.jpg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
5mm front spacers and minor paint correction (orange pad + sf3500), 2 layers of polish (powerlock+), 1 layer of wax (845). Adding another coat of 845 tomorrow.

View attachment 216177
I'll be putting on my second coat tomorrow morning. I like giving my layers 24 hours in between. I'm considering a third and maybe even a fourth layer. Pure white doesn't shine at all.

Yours looks great

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I'll be putting on my second coat tomorrow morning. I like giving my layers 24 hours in between. I'm considering a third and maybe even a fourth layer. Pure white doesn't shine at all.

Yours looks great
I disagree, I have been able to have pure white pop well over the past 5 years. What products are you using?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Compared to darker colors, pure white will never have that deep gloss. Especially this VW paint.

ImpetuousOne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTi S DSG
Got grazed by a red light runner. Not sure if the collision avoidance system stopped me just in time, or it was my reflexes. Either way, this could've gone way, way worse. Her Volvo wagon rear driver's wheel/tire had pretty much zero damage. She admitted running the light, so at least there shouldn't be any battles.
IMG_20210608_164904702_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210608_165106498_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210608_164925925_HDR.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Got grazed by a red light runner. Not sure if the collision avoidance system stopped me just in time, or it was my reflexes. Either way, this could've gone way, way worse. Her Volvo wagon rear driver's wheel/tire had pretty much zero damage. She admitted running the light, so at least there shouldn't be any battles.View attachment 216195View attachment 216196View attachment 216197
Did she get a ticket? A cop was killed by a red light runner last week in Phoenix.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti

Yours looks great
Thanks. I think the "synthetic" looking shine I was able to achieve after applying pinnacle black label ceramic coating looks better on lighter colored cars whereas the traditional sealant + wax combo really does well for darker colored cars.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Thanks. I think the "synthetic" looking shine I was able to achieve after applying pinnacle black label ceramic coating looks better on lighter colored cars whereas the traditional sealant + wax combo really does well for darker colored cars.
I don’t mind a lame shallow shine. But I can’t even achieve that on pure white.

I’m about to start waxing it with mayo

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I disagree, I have been able to have pure white pop well over the past 5 years. What products are you using?
Turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray. 2 coats with 24 hours in between. And I use their flex wax as a rinse aid too. And I use they hybrid ceramic soap as a finishing wash, I let that dwell 10 minutes before rinsing

this combination works on every color car. Except white. You have any pics of yours?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Perhaps but it is still possible to make it pop.
I’m not looking for that lame level of shine. Hell mine does that too. No offense to you or your skills as an amateur or professional Detailer but white just won’t reflect as hard as other colors. I want to see a white mirror. My wife’s tornado red effortlessly blings. It’s crazy

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Took out the silicone dessicant packet out of the coolant reservoir tank. What a PITA.
I had to use pliers and a flat head to keep pushing it up and out of the tank. I was sweating because I didn’t want to rip the bag. But you can’t be gentle about it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got my alignment done. $55 on Groupon lol.

As expected, toe was super out of wack. Looks much better now.

1623259934844.png