GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have an RO system. But if they're putting it in the water that would explain a lot. Hell since recreational pot became legal everyone is stoned anyway.

From the other thread.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I have an RO system. But if they're putting it in the water that would explain a lot. Hell since recreational pot became legal everyone is stoned anyway.

Sounds like the plan to sap and impurify all our precious bodily fluids.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Well I dun goofed today. I chose to unmarry the AP yesterday with the choice of unmarrying both the ECU and TCU. Went to dealership today to get the 24FX campaign done and they couldn't apply the update. I was puzzled as I didn't see anyone here having issues.

Got home, plugged the AP to get my stuff applied again and noticed the AP never removed the ECU tune, just the TCU (even though I 100% sure picked to do both). So that's probably why they couldn't apply it. Now I'm more than likely TD1 flagged. Strange though, service advisor said the TD1 voids the entire cars warranty, not just drive train. He said if I needed any warranty work I'd have to go through VW.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Well I dun goofed today. I chose to unmarry the AP yesterday with the choice of unmarrying both the ECU and TCU. Went to dealership today to get the 24FX campaign done and they couldn't apply the update. I was puzzled as I didn't see anyone here having issues.

Got home, plugged the AP to get my stuff applied again and noticed the AP never removed the ECU tune, just the TCU (even though I 100% sure picked to do both). So that's probably why they couldn't apply it. Now I'm more than likely TD1 flagged. Strange though, service advisor said the TD1 voids the entire cars warranty, not just drive train. He said if I needed any warranty work I'd have to go through VW.

That advisor is full of shit.

Also, unmarrying your AP will not keep you from getting flagged.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Picked up a Weider Home Gym for cheap. Driving to the gym every day after work after waking up at 0430 and working for ten hours is not an option. Partially disassembled the machine fit nicely in the GTI. I'm now eager for my back to heal so I can get back to my powerlifting routine. The wife will get to try out the home gym before I do.

PS
Changed the oil last night. With an oil extractor it took a whopping five minutes to get the old oil out. I love it.
20210529_172406.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I bought my steering wheel wrap three months ago and still haven't installed it. Wanna do mine? LOL

Nope, but having done it twice, I'll give you some tips.

Buy the bolt that holds the steering wheel on. It's single use. If you own a VW, you should have a set of triple squares, if not, buy a set.

Google how to remove a mk7 steering wheel.

1. Read the directions that came with the cover.
2. Watch the videos on Locky's site.
3. Use the tape at the top center in same way the red stripe is oriented. Put strips of tape on the back of all three spokes in the concave area and all the way from rim to end of leather up each 3 and 9 spoke. Otherwise, it gets floppy back there.
4. Reread and rewatch the video of the starting and finishing knot again. Between the 3 to 5 times stitch back and the burning, I partially pulled the last stitch back through, leaving a loop and the needle end. I gathered the loop end together, then tied a knot with the needle end. Clip the ends 7 to 10mm, let them burn until they get close to the knot, then do like the video and smother/smooth it out. If you're going to do knots like I did, then you have to follow the starting and ending points like I did, or you might end up with knots contacting your fingers, like my first time doing this. Drove me nuts, but I also don't trust the no knot method the video shows.
5. Line everything up, if you have a second trim tool, use it to pry up on the trim and tuck the material around the spokes. You'll notice everything lines up well, except the bottom.sides of the 3 and 9 o'clock spokes, but don't worry about that, just get the front and back of the top of those spokes lined up and the 6 o'clock spoke.
6. It says measure a length of thread 3x longer than the section you're sewing. Make it a little more than that.
7. Start at the top of 3 or 9 spoke and do the upper hoop first. Use a hook to pull any loose sections tight before tying off. If you've ever laced to an old set of hockey skates with a hook, it's just like that.
8. When you do the bottom sections, start at the 3 and 9 spokes and work down to 6 o'clock.
9. You'll notice there's too much material on the back of the 3 and 9 spokes. Fold it under to match the line of factory trim, now the top and bottom will match perfectly. Sew just as you did the top. Tie off at the 6 o'clock spoke.
10. Now you're done. You can smooth everything out and kind of twist and stretch everything to even out tension on threads and smooth out any wrinkles. A hair drier can give a little heat to smooth things out a little too, but it'll smooth out on its own over the first couple weeks.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: