GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Nope. But I plan on hitting a few in the near future. People say put them on when you're at the track and take them off when you're on the street. As of now they are just poser pullers. 😆
At least you admit it lol. It’s up there with hanging dolls from the rear of the car. IYKYK

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Looks great man! I’m still waiting to have a weekend with the right weather so I can try out all of the graphene infused Turtle Wax line.
Dr Beasley says graphene applications are still too new and most if not all are marketing ploys. They go into why and a lot of it went over my head but I’d approach all of these graphene products with some skepticism.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Installed the trunk LEDs everyone's been doing; crazy difference, cost $10, and took all of 20 seconds. Also attempted to diagnose a rattle in the rear driver side door. Nothing looked obvious but reseated all the connectors and the big gasket in the middle so we'll see if that does anything.

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpeg
    IMG_0373.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0375.jpeg
    IMG_0375.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0378.jpeg
    IMG_0378.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 103

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Installed the trunk LEDs everyone's been doing; crazy difference, cost $10, and took all of 20 seconds. Also attempted to diagnose a rattle in the rear driver side door. Nothing looked obvious but reseated all the connectors and the big gasket in the middle so we'll see if that does anything.
Link?

ImpetuousOne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTi S DSG
Coverking Neosupremes covers & cheap, $25 AndyGo paddles off eBay.
IMG_20210522_115033713_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20210522_094149093.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Since I know you better…lol. Hre,volk,advan, etc aren’t realistic options, esp cause you’re really just bored VS conserned with a specific look and vibe a car with stance and money wheels looks. Haha.

Konigs are some of the best “middle” ground value wheels and they are light.

bronze freeforms or ampliforms looks great if you want that flat face type wheel, or if you like the step lip - dekagrams and hypergrams have a bronze I think.

https://konigwheels.com/wheels/flow-formed-wheels/

Poor Konig Runlites never get any love, but I think they look nice too.

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
Did dsg service and transmission reset via obdeleven. I drove through a really deep puddle and it turns out there was some water in my transmission filter that was causing major rpm surge and slippage. I was kinda freaking out that I might have fried the clutch packs but after swapping the fluid and filter it shifts as good as ever. Im so relieved that it was a $100 fix vs replacing clutch packs.

Vesta Turan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Volkswagen GTI S
Coolant drain, flush, and fill. A few twists and turns along the way, lol... but it was time well spent!

A few "There... theres where it is!" pictures thrown in for reference for other intrepid explorers... had a hard time locating the correct hose at first even with the awesome videos available on YouTube etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1008.jpg
    IMG_1008.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1017.JPG
    IMG_1017.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 84

Jgilber0

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
‘21 GTI S 6MT
Tint! Llumar ceramic - 15% in the rear, 30% upfront. Trying to keep the interior nice in the Florida sun.
5548511F-F8B3-40F3-A9A3-A85CCF24F0B7.jpeg
13BF74C3-DCE0-4FE8-A9EC-198741655001.jpeg

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Tint! Llumar ceramic - 15% in the rear, 30% upfront. Trying to keep the interior nice in the Florida sun.View attachment 214621View attachment 214622
I need to redo mine soon...Previous owner didn't use ceramic tint and the back window is bubbling up bad.

I recommend a covercraft sunscreen if you don't have one already. There's a noticeable decrease in temps inside the car with that thing up.

Jgilber0

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
‘21 GTI S 6MT
I need to redo mine soon...Previous owner didn't use ceramic tint and the back window is bubbling up bad.

I recommend a covercraft sunscreen if you don't have one already. There's a noticeable decrease in temps inside the car with that thing up.
Good thinking. I wound up buying the Tuningpros SS-500 on Amazon at half the price. Fits perfectly - snug to the interior trim and reflective too. That Florida sun is murder.