GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Installed a minty spare tire well carpet from a wrecked 2017 GTI. Looks so much nicer now. P/N is 5GM-863-007-CA9

As an added bonus, the Velcro strip on my OEM VW roadside assistance kit sticks to the new carpet.

Next up: underhood sound deadener/insulation.

My goal is to add back all of the MK7 features that were stripped out after dieselgate.
View attachment 214166

View attachment 214165
I'm on the same quest! This looks great, might have to give this a go myself. I think next up will be the lighted 12v outlet. Anyone happen to know a part for that one? And/or if it's possible to take the socket out without taking apart the whole dang center console?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Installed the South Bend Stage 2 daily on my car.

Then I went to install the new Open Road Tuning coilovers I got, only to find out they completely fucked up my order. They sent me coilovers with MK6 top hats and the wrong spring rates.

I am so mad because I was trying to get the car back together this weekend to break in the clutch. Not sure if I should just put the stock suspension back on, but that means buying a lot more stretch bolts again.

ImpetuousOne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTi S DSG
Took inspiration from a pic online and got the roof wrapped yesterday 🤘😎
IMG_20210519_115834110_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210519_115719621.jpg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Installed the South Bend Stage 2 daily on my car.

Then I went to install the new Open Road Tuning coilovers I got, only to find out they completely fucked up my order. They sent me coilovers with MK6 top hats and the wrong spring rates.

I am so mad because I was trying to get the car back together this weekend to break in the clutch. Not sure if I should just put the stock suspension back on, but that means buying a lot more stretch bolts again.
Why stage 2?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Why stage 2?

Couple reasons -

1. Planning on 300whp/300tq on IS38 (I have a 1.8) so not going crazy
2. It's cheaper than Stage 3
3. I bought from FCP Euro so if it does slip I can return and get Stage 3 (paying the difference)
4. I'm hoping the pressure plate is softer on Stage 2 so I won't run into thrust washer/crank walk issues.

Upgrading to stage 3 will be about $500 (including difference in price, some TTY bolts and shipping Stage 2 back) so it's a gamble I can live with. If I were to have a shop install it and pay labor I'd probably have gone with Stage 3.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Mounted my ARM FMIC (finally) and got some new shoes. Motegi MR148 CS13 Wheels wrapped in 235/40/18 BF Goodrich comp-2 a/s tires. Stoked!

Next comes my VWR spring install! Wish me luck tomorrow!
Pics or didn't happen.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
An alignment (after a rough winter and new suspension install) and got my Michelin PS4S' mounted and balanced.

Jus got the call that it's all done, so I'll be picking it up in about 15 minutes.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I also don’t have the full system hooked up yet. Just the management. So there’s currently five (FL, FR, RL, RR, & E) empty ports with no lines attached. Hope to do that either this weekend or next week depending on when my fittings get here. Still waiting on a couple elbows and then I’ll calibrate the system and fully check for leaks.
That’s your issue. The airlift manifold, at least with v2 uses pressure from the system to keep the valves closed. Kinda sucks because you can’t remove your tank for maintenance and have the bags stay inflated.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
This might make me sound weird...

We have annual inspections and I've learned not to trust any of the shops around here. Therefore, taking my car in on my summer wheels is a no go. So I've been slowly working on moving my inspection date up (currently June sticker, getting inspected tomorrow to get a May sticker. Next year, April...) so that one day my inspection lines up so that I'm still on stock wheels and winter tires and then I can go all summer not worrying about it.

Sigh. So, I took the wheels off and put the stockers back on for my inspection. Since I had the wheels off and they're typically so hard to clean I decided it was a great time to give them a good ole fashioned spit shine.

What might make this seem more odd is that they really weren't that dirty to begin with, but I digress.

Attachments

• 20210520_180044.jpg
    20210520_180044.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 64
  • 20210520_180050.jpg
    20210520_180050.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
  • 20210520_181007.jpg
    20210520_181007.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
  • 20210520_181013.jpg
    20210520_181013.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 83

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
This might make me sound weird...

We have annual inspections and I've learned not to trust any of the shops around here. Therefore, taking my car in on my summer wheels is a no go. So I've been slowly working on moving my inspection date up (currently June sticker, getting inspected tomorrow to get a May sticker. Next year, April...) so that one day my inspection lines up so that I'm still on stock wheels and winter tires and then I can go all summer not worrying about it.

Sigh. So, I took the wheels off and put the stockers back on for my inspection. Since I had the wheels off and they're typically so hard to clean I decided it was a great time to give them a good ole fashioned spit shine.

What might make this seem more odd is that they really weren't that dirty to begin with, but I digress.
Curious, why does the state care about the specific wheels & tires that are on the car at inspection? Think they would just care that the tires had a minimum tread depth and brake pad thickness was good.