GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I was wondering that too. Maybe less glare while making folks look like smurfs?

Why do Smurfs have blue balls? Because there is only one Smurfette.

I polished and waxed my Fraulein for the first time yesterday afternoon. I figured after owning it for two years, it was about due. ;)
Only took four hours: wash, clay bar, Turtle Wax metal polish, Meguiar's Ultimate polish and then Meguiar's Ultimate wax.

Finished at 7:45 last night and it is of course raining today, so it's trashed from road spray already. Of course it is. That's why I seldom even wash it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
First, love the Rabbit shift ring. Second, full lift is perfect for me. Old people problems. Lol
Thanks, yeah would have been a less costly problem for me to have 😂. I’m still looking at ways to get it to drop 1/4” on air out 😂

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Couldn't stand the progressive springs I had installed in my GTI anymore. The creaking noises and spring binding didn't do it for me. I have a fancy spreader tool but for me the good old chisel is the easiest and most reliable tool to unclamp the front struts.
Meißel.jpg

Went with the Eibach Pro-Kit E10-15-021-02-22 linear springs and Sachs 803 024 top mounts instead. Front struts are Bilstein B8 Comfort Twintube yellow 22-299314.
Linear-Progressiv.jpg

Rears are Bilstein B8 Comfort Monotube green 24-253956 with Sachs 803 010 top mounts.
B8_Grün.jpg

Bump stops are modified like this:
Bump_Stop_Mod.jpg

Together w/ the Clubsport RSB 5Q0511305BA it's getting where I want it to be. No noises, planted body, compliant ride over rougher/bumpier roads, ready for spirited driving and long Autobahn rides.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Are you sure you need bumpstops on the struts? I have B8s and they say do not use bumpstops, because they are built-in to the strut.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Yes you need bumpstops on these fronts, they are Twintube shocks #22-299314. Typically Bilstein B8s are inverted Monotubes, they have internal bump stops.
1R-2R.jpg

Last edited:

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Why do Smurfs have blue balls? Because there is only one Smurfette.

I polished and waxed my Fraulein for the first time yesterday afternoon. I figured after owning it for two years, it was about due. ;)
Only took four hours: wash, clay bar, Turtle Wax metal polish, Meguiar's Ultimate polish and then Meguiar's Ultimate wax.

Finished at 7:45 last night and it is of course raining today, so it's trashed from road spray already. Of course it is. That's why I seldom even wash it.
I started working from home in March and now I just take my wife's car if it's raining. I think I've only washed the GTI once...

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
First wash!

It took a week with work and the bad weather, but it was worth it. Now I just need to get some shine. Any suggestions on that are welcome.

Also, what brush are y’all using for the wheels? I’ve done a bunch of reading, but the reviews are all over the place. A few more opinions based on personal experience would be helpful.

927C4794-55D9-46A0-A6F9-B66A9EA31F0B.jpeg
6898B47C-1236-4178-9F19-3533DE15FB2A.jpeg

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
First wash!

It took a week with work and the bad weather, but it was worth it. Now I just need to get some shine. Any suggestions on that are welcome.

Also, what brush are y’all using for the wheels? I’ve done a bunch of reading, but the reviews are all over the place. A few more opinions based on personal experience would be helpful.
Looks good! For a wheel brush, I bought some firm-bristled nylon brushes on Amazon for cheap, but honestly for a wheel that nice with plenty of room to work within, I'd just use the iron remover of your choice (I like Adam's, personally) and a cheap microfiber cloth.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
First wash!

View attachment 212589View attachment 212590
Looks great

I use a tire brush, cheap wheel woolly and a larger detail brush. All of it is on Amazon, super cheap

Vesta Turan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Volkswagen GTI S
First wash!

View attachment 212589View attachment 212590

Here is my current tire kit! I do not use the ICE on the tires/wheels, just adding it in there since you were asking about shine. I got most of this from Orielly's.

I have some Adam's All In One Tire and Wheel on the way... and I am looking for a replacement for the toothbrush, lol... just havent nailed down a good alternative for the hard to reach areas of my Austins.

I cannot vouch that this will work for your rims or that it will even be safe, but so far I have not had any trouble. I would recommend trying to find others with your wheel set up and see what they are using.

Attachments

• IMG_0981.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 70

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Here is my current tire kit! I do not use the ICE on the tires/wheels, just adding it in there since you were asking about shine. I got most of this from Orielly's.

I have some Adam's All In One Tire and Wheel on the way... and I am looking for a replacement for the toothbrush, lol... just havent nailed down a good alternative for the hard to reach areas of my Austins.

I cannot vouch that this will work for your rims or that it will even be safe, but so far I have not had any trouble. I would recommend trying to find others with your wheel set up and see what they are using.
Find a 3-4 finger wheel mitt for cleaning behind spokes. Toss that wheel brush out and find a wheel brush on Amazon. Mine was $12 (I think from some company called takavu). Also, you really won't need an aggressive iron remover for wheel cleaning if you clean regularly. Get some p&s brake buster by the gallon or cg Diablo. Both are cost effective. Or just clean regularly with car wash soap. My $.02.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Paid a VW dealer to activate App connect on factory fitted Mk7.5 Composition Media radio – it’s locked from the factory on a 20k USD car :confused: