GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Took a scenic drive through the White Mountain National Forest. You have to experience this region first hand, pictures don't do it justice.
View attachment 212516
Agreed. I have some fond memories from up there, despite nearly dying in a storm that came out of nowhere one time.

Last edited:

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Installed the ARM catted 3" downpipe. I don't know how people do them on ramps. Must be fuggin' pros cause I had to switch it up midway to jack stands to get more clearance. This is my first time changing out a dp, as everything else I've done. I have to say those youtube videos make it look easy. It wasn't too hard, but it was a pain in the ass. I'm glad I stuck it through and got it done. Overall, I'm happy with the fitment and quality of the dp. It's a 2 piece system; included 3" to 2.5" reducer and 3" straight pipe. Downside, no instructions, but there's youtube and I used CTS' documentation for reference. The 3" extended pipe mated up with my Borla Type S with some minor adjustments to catback, but at the end well worth it. Flashed my car with my updated low torque tune from Stratified after the install and took a quick ride for a feel. Having a drink now to ease my back pain. 😒

Attachments

• PXL_20210504_235848372.jpg
    PXL_20210504_235848372.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Installed the ARM catted 3" downpipe. I don't know how people do them on ramps. Must be fuggin' pros cause I had to switch it up midway to jack stands to get more clearance. This is my first time changing out a dp, as everything else I've done. I have to say those youtube videos make it look easy. It wasn't too hard, but it was a pain in the ass. I'm glad I stuck it through and got it done. Overall, I'm happy with the fitment and quality of the dp. It's a 2 piece system; included 3" to 2.5" reducer and 3" straight pipe. Downside, no instructions, but there's youtube and I used CTS' documentation for reference. The 3" extended pipe mated up with my Borla Type S with some minor adjustments to catback, but at the end well worth it. Flashed my car with my updated low torque tune from Stratified after the install and took a quick ride for a feel. Having a drink now to ease my back pain. 😒
Installed mine awhile ago on 6" lift ramps. Not sure if the GTI is different from the 1.8T, but the only way you can make it happen is to remove the DP brace from the pipe and then the block and pull both separately. No way in hell to get it out in one piece with the clearance on ramps.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Installed mine awhile ago on 6" lift ramps. Not sure if the GTI is different from the 1.8T, but the only way you can make it happen is to remove the DP brace from the pipe and then the block and pull both separately. No way in hell to get it out in one piece with the clearance on ramps.
Once I was able to get the dp moving, I removed the entire bracket. After manuevering, removing the bracket, trying to keep an eye on the o2 sensor, I was ready for a beer. The whole time I kept thinking how the fuck?!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Once I was able to get the dp moving, I removed the entire bracket. After manuevering, removing the bracket, trying to keep an eye on the o2 sensor, I was ready for a beer. The whole time I kept thinking how the fuck?!
Good job. I would have started with a beer. 😂🍺

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Took a scenic drive through the White Mountain National Forest. You have to experience this region first hand, pictures don't do it justice.
Looks great, the car and the scenery. Your car was the inspiration for my yellow brakes. The wheels are coincidence, but inspired by others on the forum. Distant cousins, haha.
IMG_20210306_072752.jpgIMG_20210306_082908.jpgIMG_20210306_074749.jpg
As for being on topic, took it for an evening cruise and found fuel for under $4/gal, which is good.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Filmed this to show the preset functions of my air ride ecu, and rate of lifts,
drops.

Lift setting is what I use when I’m entering questionable lots... it’s also 1 touch wired to my ejecto seato for quick adjustments lol.
00D5ECED-B563-4211-BBFD-B03D7C6EE904.jpeg

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Installed my fancy tails:
1620216428137.png

Also not sure if it'll gain more visibility here, but has anyone worked out coding with the BEC harness to grant the dynamic behavior (as visible in the picture) for lock/unlock indication, in addition to turn signals? My signal behavior is dynamic, but the lock/unlock (when using the FOB) is static/lights the turn signal all at once, and I'd like for that to be dynamic as well. Thanks in advance! I'm going to reach out to Ed as well and see if he has any suggestions/input, and see if anyone on the Ross-Tech forums knows anything.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
View attachment 212468
In this pic of my 18 S set up for GS, you can see it's also on the front bump stop and well into positive camber. It makes me think there's merit to the understeer being more about how quickly you get into the bump stops after turn in, because theortically, with more negative camber, both static and dynamically, and toe out in the rear, my lowered car should be much looser, but it isn't. It's understeer city.
that 3 wheel'd stance tho......nice

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
Installed a RSB. Makes the Wagon feel like a GTI

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
that 3 wheel'd stance tho......nice
It you look closer at the first pic of my STH setup mid corner, the inside rear tire is in the air too, it just isn't as dramatic as it was with the stock springs.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Filmed this to show the preset functions of my air ride ecu, and rate of lifts,
drops.

Lift setting is what I use when I’m entering questionable lots... it’s also 1 touch wired to my ejecto seato for quick adjustments lol.
View attachment 212549

First, love the Rabbit shift ring. Second, full lift is perfect for me. Old people problems. Lol