GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
OK. Good advice. Let's say I'm not going to autocross it, and I just want it for looks and a little spirited driving. Am I going to notice the increase in understeer, or is that just at the limits of grip?

I don't really drive hard on my daily tires to be able to honestly answer that. I'll drive like a mad man on my way to work tomorrow and report back. 🤣

Another point of data is that the car tended to get looser as tires heat cycled out, and had less grip, with my RSB only.

After springs, the opposite was true. The car got tighter as tires heat cycled out.

I'm considering cutting the bump stops an inch to see if that helps, because I think the issue is getting into the bump stops so quickly at turn in.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I did drive like a madman all the time. Coilovers at 26" ftg, so not low at all. Not sure what stock gti is. Front camber at -2.4. Rear at -1.4. Stock sway bars. It'll push a little on partial throttle, but not much. Off throttle can definitely induce oversteer. On throttle because of lsd will pull you into corner.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I'm on H&R Sports but upgraded the shocks and struts to B8's too.

The Bilstein's have internal stops up front so I don't run the stockers, and the springs came with shorter rear bump stops. -1.8 degrees camber in the front and 220tw tires. H&R 26mm RSB and a subframe brace in the back.

I've hooned it a bunch and have never hit the stops. "Hooning" on the highway is definitely different from tracking it but I think it's a great all-around setup.

Whiskey

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
I don't really drive hard on my daily tires to be able to honestly answer that. I'll drive like a mad man on my way to work tomorrow and report back. 🤣

Another point of data is that the car tended to get looser as tires heat cycled out, and had less grip, with my RSB only.

After springs, the opposite was true. The car got tighter as tires heat cycled out.

I'm considering cutting the bump stops an inch to see if that helps, because I think the issue is getting into the bump stops so quickly at turn in.
LOL! OK, but if you get a ticket, or put your car into a tree it's not my fault. Thanks for volunteering to research though. 😄

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I did drive like a madman all the time. Coilovers at 26" ftg, so not low at all. Not sure what stock gti is. Front camber at -2.4. Rear at -1.4. Stock sway bars. It'll push a little on partial throttle, but not much. Off throttle can definitely induce oversteer. On throttle because of lsd will pull you into corner.

I'm 25" ftg with the APR springs, so that makes sense. You're at about stock GTI height in front. You can see I'm all up in the bumpstops here.

Auto X 10 APR 21 (197 of 979).jpg

Here's a static picture.

20201209_113210.jpg

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I thought I installed my intercooler correctly, but I am thinking I have a boost leak somewhere , so tomorrow I am going to take the bumper off and make sure everything is lined up perfectly

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I always suspected that's how you drive.
😂

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Figured I’d show this too. The QTP Valve controller installation, environmental spliced into the 12v charge port OEM wiring. Used a factory ground point and 3M double sided tape to secure the box itself.

All buttoned up it’s fused and key’d power just like it came this way from the factory. The wiring from the valve motor to the controller uses an existing OEM grommet as well.

People in CA should get a group buy going to fly this guy out here to build exhausts for us...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Kinda make it sound like you want to kidnap him and make him your exhaust slave...