GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Brought the GTI in for 40k service.

They loaned me a base Jetta for a few hours...horrible vehicle 😂 The steering wheel and the actual wheels feel independent of each other. Like, I turn wheel (half second pause) now car turns wheels too.

Yikes.

Glad to be rid of it, forgot what a real economy car drives like.

Whiskey

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
RSB made my car neutral. Zero rear toe made it rotate. Adding lowering springs to that setup made it understeer again, even after adding camber plates up front. Had to dial in toe out in the rear to get it to neutral again, and even more to get it to rotate again.

Suspension tuning is black magic.

But seriously, with lowering springs you get into the bump stops much quicker, and though you end to with more static neg camber, with lowering springs you start to gain camber almost immediately.

So I installed a RSB, and now if I install my Eibach Pro springs I will lose my neutral handling that I just fell in love with??

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
RSB made my car neutral. Zero rear toe made it rotate. Adding lowering springs to that setup made it understeer again, even after adding camber plates up front. Had to dial in toe out in the rear to get it to neutral again, and even more to get it to rotate again.

Suspension tuning is black magic.

But seriously, with lowering springs you get into the bump stops much quicker, and though you end to with more static neg camber, with lowering springs you start to gain camber almost immediately.
This is why I have not been touching my suspension since my Civic in 2008. I figured zee Germans at VW knew what they were doing.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

So I installed a RSB, and now if I install my Eibach Pro springs I will lose my neutral handling that I just fell in love with??

That was my experience, yes. And I track and autocross the car regularly, so I know the difference between neutral handling and understeer.

My buddy uses the same springs you're installing, and same thing. These cars do not like to be lowered, destroys the camber curve and puts them on the bumpstops right after turn in.

I would return the springs, and buy a set of stock R spring, which is what the CS uses or get a good set of coilovers.

If you ignore my advice, just do what I did, and add a .30 neg toe per side in the rear. Frees it right up.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Figured I’d show this too. The QTP Valve controller installation, environmental spliced into the 12v charge port OEM wiring. Used a factory ground point and 3M double sided tape to secure the box itself.

All buttoned up it’s fused and key’d power just like it came this way from the factory. The wiring from the valve motor to the controller uses an existing OEM grommet as well.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Figured I’d show this too. The QTP Valve controller installation, environmental spliced into the 12v charge port OEM wiring. Used a factory ground point and 3M double sided tape to secure the box itself.

All buttoned up it’s fused and key’d power just like it came this way from the factory. The wiring from the valve motor to the controller uses an existing OEM grommet as well.

This is wayyy too clean!

Whiskey

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
That was my experience, yes. And I track and autocross the car regularly, so I know the difference between neutral handling and understeer.

My buddy uses the same springs you're installing, and same thing. These cars do not like to be lowered, destroys the camber curve and puts them on the bumpstops right after turn in.

I would return the springs, and buy a set of stock R spring, which is what the CS uses or get a good set of coilovers.

If you ignore my advice, just do what I did, and add a .30 neg toe per side in the rear. Frees it right up.
OK. Good advice. Let's say I'm not going to autocross it, and I just want it for looks and a little spirited driving. Am I going to notice the increase in understeer, or is that just at the limits of grip?