GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

gbar

Ready to race!
Installed my dieselgeek super pin (next to my new wheel hanger)
IMG_3483.jpg

Huge pain to install
IMG_3485.jpg

Took the opportunity to get a NASTY coffee stain out of my seats
IMG_3480.jpg
IMG_3481.jpg

Hoping to get this TMD, Inlet pipe, and intake hose installed later today
IMG_3476.jpg

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

gbar

Ready to race!
Love it. Does it sync with android auto? What about the built-in stuff?
I use iOS but it does not come with Carplay. Can't speak to Android Auto. Bluetooth only for me. It also does do screen mirroring.

The included Canbus adapter syncs surprisingly well with all of the steering wheel controls, system settings, etc. I don't know if I'd recommend it though unless you have a 2015 model with MIB1 like I did.

Whiskey

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
Finally put my mods back on. (JB4, Shiftec Shift Lights, MAP Performance intake) after taking it in for warranty work on the water pump. Got some battery acid from the blanket on my arm, but seems ok. Looking to do some more work on sound damping this afternoon when it cools down!
I have the MA Performance Intake. Love it! Super well built. Love the sound of it as well. Looking to get the MA Performance DP as well.

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Finally got my summer set of wheels swapped on (just the stock Nogaros and factory Hankook all-seasons) and the winters cleaned and on the rack. Flushed the brake/clutch fluid as well.

I do hate how much of a pain it is to try to get all four wheels up without a lift. The method of jacking one side and trying to get it on stands, then lifting the other, doesn't work well on my uneven and horribly spalled garage floor. After a scary totter, I decided not to mess with it and just did each side independently. Since there wasn't air in the hydraulics, I didn't figure the bleeding order was critical. Really wish there were solid central front and rear jacking points.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Put a 25mm Eibach RR sway bar on my car today. I mean...holy $%@#. The difference that it makes is profound. I had no idea. I knew that my car pushed through aggressive turns, but the new sway bar creates almost completely neutral handling. I can just throw the car into a turn, and there's no lean, no dip. Nothing. I am putting on the Eibach Pro Kit next weekend. I expect that the car is going to feel completely planted. I just had no idea how much difference one rear sway bar was going to make. Wow.

RSB made my car neutral. Zero rear toe made it rotate. Adding lowering springs to that setup made it understeer again, even after adding camber plates up front. Had to dial in toe out in the rear to get it to neutral again, and even more to get it to rotate again.

Suspension tuning is black magic.

But seriously, with lowering springs you get into the bump stops much quicker, and though you end to with more static neg camber, with lowering springs you start to gain camber almost immediately.