GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Don't worry, I am right there with you. I got excited over new tires the other day lol.

nothing wrong with that! Tires are one of the most individually transformative things when you upgrade stock to UHP AS like AS4/DWS06+ or summers. It’s the very thing connecting the car to the ground. We can all appreciate the value of some fresh rubber.

I just got some DWS that were on clearance because the DWS+ just came out, and put em on my gf’s TDI wagon. Completely transformed the car. I honestly like how it moves more than my Alltrack, despite being heavier and slower. It just eats all inconsistencies in the road while performing every bit as well as I need it to for what it is.

for reference, my AT is on stock suspension with RSB and RSE10’s/AS4’s, and APR Plus. That’s all for performance.

Gf’s 2014 JSW TDI DSG is bone stock on 7 year old struts with 45K miles and honestly, I like that car’s driving dynamic a fair bit more than my Alltrack. And the tires were all it needed.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
nothing wrong with that! Tires are one of the most individually transformative things when you upgrade stock to UHP AS like AS4/DWS06+ or summers. It’s the very thing connecting the car to the ground. We can all appreciate the value of some fresh rubber.

I just got some DWS that were on clearance because the DWS+ just came out, and put em on my gf’s TDI wagon. Completely transformed the car. I honestly like how it moves more than my Alltrack, despite being heavier and slower. It just eats all inconsistencies in the road while performing every bit as well as I need it to for what it is.

for reference, my AT is on stock suspension with RSB and RSE10’s/AS4’s, and APR Plus. That’s all for performance.

Gf’s 2014 JSW TDI DSG is bone stock on 7 year old struts with 45K miles and honestly, I like that car’s driving dynamic a fair bit more than my Alltrack. And the tires were all it needed.
That thing has a rear beam no? I had a Mk7 TDi for two years, I fucking hated that thing. I felt like shit every time I sat behind the wheel.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
That thing has a rear beam no? I had a Mk7 TDi for two years, I fucking hated that thing. I felt like shit every time I sat behind the wheel.

Nope it’s a MK6 JSW not a MK7 GSW. The PQ35 TDI wagons had IRS.

Yeah I wouldn’t be able to stomach a beam suspension either. My first car in high school was an 08 MK5 Jetta, but my sister wrecked it a month later. My poor soul got a new 2011 MK6 Jetta as replacement with same engine/trans but it had torsion beam rear suspension and drum brakes. Even 17 year old me new VW cheaped out big time on the new Jetta’s.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Nope it’s a MK6 JSW not a MK7 GSW. The PQ35 TDI wagons had IRS.

Yeah I wouldn’t be able to stomach a beam suspension either. My first car in high school was an 08 MK5 Jetta, but my sister wrecked it a month later. My poor soul got a new 2011 MK6 Jetta as replacement with same engine/trans but it had torsion beam rear suspension and drum brakes. Even 17 year old me new VW cheaped out big time on the new Jetta’s.
Ok gotcha. Yeah, that beam was brutal man. I tried everything: suspension, tires, rims, nothing could cure it. The herpes of automobiles.

Duchess

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI Mk 7.5
Finally put my summers on and had Rally Armor mudflaps installed. I have to say I love the look!

IMG_4181.jpg

He needs a bath badly, but it's supposed to rain all through next week so I'm going to keep holding off until better weather is here for good.