GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Fdotorres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Drove it for the first time yesterday since forging the engine and going big turbo.

Just a day and 30 miles have passed and I already feel that the break in is taking too damn long... :(

20210421_184941.jpg

20210421_191431.jpg

20210421_184551.jpg

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Ordered a set of Bilstein B8 to go with the DG springs I have at home. They're on backorder at most places so I had to call around.

Excited to get some PS4S tires for the summer and maybe an AWE track catback too.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
In the name of getting us back on track (pun very intended)... Got photos back from our most recent autocross event today! Car is mostly stock (some cosmetic mods, intake/catback/RSB) and on stock tires, but still had a great time autocrossing it. The eLSD is nuts, my first time autocrossing a boosted car as well as first time autocrossing something with not-an open differential. If I were going to be using it regularly for this I'd buy a better set of tires without a doubt, but lordy what fun. It really lives up to the 'dream car' I had in mind when I was young, and makes for a great platform. Definitely takes some getting used to, I'm more accustomed to immediate power so getting into the throttle earlier than I normally would was unusual.

Nonetheless, here's a photo 😁
View attachment 211129
I love it without the red accents. Looks so much better.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Ordered a set of Bilstein B8 to go with the DG springs I have at home. They're on backorder at most places so I had to call around.

Excited to get some PS4S tires for the summer and maybe an AWE track catback too.
This my set up for my suspension. Amazing set up. No sacrifice in ride & feels like how the GTI should’ve came from factory. I can’t imagine how it would rip in curves with a RSB

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Ordered a set of Bilstein B8 to go with the DG springs I have at home.
I have this exact setup and it's awesome (IMO) for a street driven setup.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Window shopping Bag Riders. I wonder if Air Lift will ever go more than 10% off again for their sales. I didn't bite this last sale cause it was only 10% and the last two sets I bought for my cars I got for 15-20% off.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Window shopping Bag Riders. I wonder if Air Lift will ever go more than 10% off again for their sales. I didn't bite this last sale cause it was only 10% and the last two sets I bought for my cars I got for 15-20% off.
If you wait for 15-20% off by then the regular price will have gone up. Prices on pretty much everything have been going up since Covid.

Vesta Turan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Volkswagen GTI S
Just ordered the new brakes!!! 💃 So excited!!! I know some of you probably have to inject brake fluid into your veins in order to get a tickle due to all of the mods you have made over the years, so just bare with me please. 😊 (Eeeeeek!!!! Happy! Happy! Happy!)

Last edited:

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Just ordered the new brakes!!! 💃 So excited!!! I know some of you probably have to inject brake fluid into your veins in order to get a tickle due to all of the mods you have made of the years, so just bare with me please. 😊 (Eeeeeek!!!! Happy! Happy! Happy!)
Don't worry, I am right there with you. I got excited over new tires the other day lol.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
IMG_20210423_162235_resized_20210423_042753105.jpg
IMG_20210423_162224_resized_20210423_042753616.jpg

Got my wheels on along with some Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's. Tire shop paid me $350 for the winter rubber that came with the RSE12's I got, so all in all, Neuspeed wheels and Firestones. I am $1000CAD out of pocket. I'll take that to the bank any day. I need to wash it this weekend. I'm diggin' the look.