GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I got some new shoes! Same as the old shoes, but now they have a + at the end of the DWS06. Ignore the filth. Mother Nature decided we needed 3 inches of snow this morning before 50 and melting it all.

Attachments

• 315A74F7-D044-492F-987F-0819221F6607.jpeg
    315A74F7-D044-492F-987F-0819221F6607.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 78

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Last weekend actually. New DWS 06 Plus and brand new wheels. 2017 Sport
Sevilla 001.jpg
Sevilla 002.jpg
Sevilla 003.jpg

Attachments

• Sevilla 001.jpg
    Sevilla 001.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Sevilla 002.jpg
    Sevilla 002.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Sevilla 003.jpg
    Sevilla 003.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 61

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I decided to try the Boomba short shift adaptor. Definitely shortened the throw.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I didn't do anything except get pulled over by a real life Paul Blart in my girlfriends Tiguan. The cop pulled up next to us to tell us "hey I just wanted to let you know that bike rack is illegal because it's partially blocking your license plate and my scanner couldn't read it." So obviously I replied "why did you need to scan our license plate, we weren't doing anything wrong?" and he replied "we always just scan peoples plates, that's not the point. If I see it again I'll give you a ticket."

Thank you for protecting and serving officer! Glad you get paid to just drive around in circles in your borough scanning peoples license plates. :rolleyes:

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I didn't do anything except get pulled over by a real life Paul Blart in my girlfriends Tiguan. The cop pulled up next to us to tell us "hey I just wanted to let you know that bike rack is illegal because it's partially blocking your license plate and my scanner couldn't read it." So obviously I replied "why did you need to scan our license plate, we weren't doing anything wrong?" and he replied "we always just scan peoples plates, that's not the point. If I see it again I'll give you a ticket."

Thank you for protecting and serving officer! Glad you get paid to just drive around in circles in your borough scanning peoples license plates. :rolleyes:

Where was this? Just curious because policing in my corner of SEPA seems to vary widely, town to town, and 20 minutes down the road where I grew up there is a much larger presence yet they hardly serve any purpose.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Where was this? Just curious because policing in my corner of SEPA seems to vary widely, town to town, and 20 minutes down the road where I grew up there is a much larger presence yet they hardly serve any purpose.

I'm SWPA. I was so confused why we were getting pulled over because we weren't speeding or anything. Just wanted to let us know he couldn't perform a random plate check on us because of the bike rack.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Bike racks work well for Toll-By-Plate or other photo based toll systems.

Funny because I took the bike rack off since she was driving home to visit for a few days and didn't need it. Her debit card number changed so her EZ Pass didn't update and she got a fine in the mail for $50 because they couldn't charge her EZ Pass. First thing she said was "should have left the bike rack on." :ROFLMAO:

(Yes I know her card and everything is linked to the EZ Pass so they still would have gotten her info. It just would have taken a little longer than just having a picture of her license plate.)

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Do they still? I thought there new stg 1 recommendation was Rutheniums in stock heat range?

Only thing I've seen from them-
"If you are utilizing the stock turbocharger system, a “one step colder” plug such as the NGK Racing R7437-8 (gap to .024”) is recommended over OEM. RS7 plugs are also acceptable for stage 1/2 cars (gap to .024”)."
https://eqtuning.com/apps/help-cent...ation-for-consumables-like-oil-or-spark-plugs

alrighty then

My understanding is they updated the info on their Facebook group, but not on the site. 1 step colder has been causing detonation issues with some stg 1 cars.

Like Diggs said, do what you want with your car.

I thought Rutheniums were stock heat range?
Ed specifically told me to not run +1 step colder plugs and to run RX plugs for my protune

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ed specifically told me to not run +1 step colder plugs and to run RX plugs for my protune

I'm talking about the stg 1 ots tunes. If you were protuned when a specific plug, you should run that plug.