GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Finally installed my BFI engine mount and trans insert. The 'sandwich' looks like it's out of alignment a little, but judging by other pictures I found that seems to be normal? I torqued down the allen bushing to 35lb

Other than that, everything went smoothly and I didn't even notice any additional NVH. Already had a stage 1 insert that was broken in

Normal, mine looks the same and has not been an issue.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Finally installed my BFI engine mount and trans insert. The 'sandwich' looks like it's out of alignment a little, but judging by other pictures I found that seems to be normal? I torqued down the allen bushing to 35lb

Other than that, everything went smoothly and I didn't even notice any additional NVH. Already had a stage 1 insert that was broken in

Now you just need powerflex dogbone

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Finally, I can post in this thread.

So... went APR stage 1 high torque. Car has some ballz finally.
Changed out the winter tires back to the all seasons Austins that came with the car (hopefully they're completely beat up before I put back on the Winters so I can switch to summers next Spring). With that swap I put on the Modded Euros flush spacer kit, 10mm in front and 20mm in back.
Installed the Boomba Short Shifter Transmission Adapter which is awesome. Highly recommended if you have a manual.
Lastly I swapped the OEM air filter for the K&N filter.

Not a bad day all in all. Now if I can ask, how the hell do you remove a tow hook off the rear? My rear diffuser install is on a halt until I can figure that out. Didn't care to look too deep into that today because I was exhausted as f*k. I did all that mind you right after a full gym workout. I'm about to die any minute.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Swapped plugs and coils and ran a compression test while I was there. 180, 180, 185, 190 on the pistons so all looks well for the turbo swap.View attachment 209857
You think it is worth it to swap these for Stg1 as I just recently went Stg1 APR but on stock coils... On the mk6 it was considered a preventative measure but it wasn't necessary. Would it be the same for this car or the car is legit fine on stock with Stg1?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You think it is worth it to swap these for Stg1 as I just recently went Stg1 APR but on stock coils... On the mk6 it was considered a preventative measure but it wasn't necessary. Would it be the same for this car or the car is legit fine on stock with Stg1?
Coils won't help at all unless one of yours is bad.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I'd say you're fine with stock plugs and coils at stage 1. Once you move past that you might want to look at the RS7 plugs or another 1 step colder. Coils seem to hold up really well on the MK7, I just swapped out of habit.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Word. Sounds good. Yeah I had the R8 coils in my mk6 when I went stg1. Never had an issue with the stock or those and kept those on all the way through stg2 and K04. I'm sure it is a nice peace of mind but like you said, if it ain't broke then it shouldn't be necessary to fix it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Coming from someone who owns and mk6 still, and had a vr6 and 1.8T mk4, I get very much where the coil concern comes from, lol as I used to keep spares in the trunk.

But with the gen3 motors VW seems to figured it out this time and make coils that don’t prematurely fail left and right. Unless your coils are old and giving you issues there’s no need to “upgrade”

When they are old the aprs are great options as they are priced good and you get fun colors.