GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Install was not bad at all. If you have some common sense and some mechanical ability these are on the easier side of common mods to these cars IMO. Yes the engine is solid now. I only had a powerflex insert and when I went is38 it was clear it just wasn’t enough. If you are 100% stock as far as engine/trans mounts then I’d say you will certainly feel a difference but going from a dog bone insert and now adding these it was a change but in a good way. It actually feels there might be a tad less NVH now that all the mounts have been addressed.
I had a dogmount insert on my mk7 gti and removed it after about a month. The nvh started pissing me off, so I'm not going to do that with the R.

However, since going with a stg1 ecu and dsg tune, I'm feeling a lot of engine movement. I'm highly thinking of getting the BFI stg1 engine and trans mounts to eliminate that feeling, but don't want nvh being absurd.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
I had a dogmount insert on my mk7 gti and removed it after about a month. The nvh started pissing me off, so I'm not going to do that with the R.

However, since going with a stg1 ecu and dsg tune, I'm feeling a lot of engine movement. I'm highly thinking of getting the BFI stg1 engine and trans mounts to eliminate that feeling, but don't want nvh being absurd.

Yeah I hear ya on that. You might want to try the powerflex red insert. It’s technically the diesel version but it’s the softest one they make for our cars. I believe that paired with the stage 1 mounts is a great combo. You are unfortunately going to have added vibrations but I don’t think it’s even close to being absurd. The performance benefit you get makes the slight added vibration worth it.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
3E86E6EB-BD91-4C12-AEC5-925C7C2A559A.jpeg
Added a pedal spacer and CF caps.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion

I own a engine support bar and use a floor jack and a block of wood for mounts. I’ve done at least a half dozen BFI mount installs
Same. I actually tried to do it once with the support bar instead of the jack and it made it seem a lot harder. I switched to jack mid install.

I've got the bfi insert on the tyranny, the full hpa dogbone replacement kit and the hated 034 engine mount. Still seems fine all in all.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I checked the oil level and it never moves between changes. It is a 2019 Rabbit with 43000 miles and never had an issue with it. Love the car.
Welcome indeed. I am in the same boat at 59k miles and over twice the HP of stock, great little car.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Got my windshield replaced today by a local company. It was Saint Gobain glass and it is rain sensing with a limo tint strip at the top for $325. The dealer wanted $1100 for it.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Got my windshield replaced today by a local company. It was Saint Gobain glass and it is rain sensing with a limo tint strip at the top for $325. The dealer wanted $1100 for it.
Oh cool, I thought I read that Saint Gobain was discontinued… I have another crack and after 4 years the OEM glass it full of tiny chips so I’m thinking about just replacing it.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Took it to autocross again. 4th place in novice class out of 26. The 3 that beat me, 1 corvette got the best time of the day overall, so don't know how he's a novice and other one, a miata had been autocrossing for several years, just in another state. And then a Mazdaspeed3.

Car did great. There were 3 Golf R's and 2 Gti's, not in novice class. Got beat by 1 Golf R (he's good) and 1 GTI (on re71r). Just can't wait to get my Apex wheels and 200tw tires. Not sure if that would have helped much in making up the 2s difference with that GTI.

It was a good track for our longer gearing as I didn't have to put it into 1st. It was only off boost in 2 corners.

20210410_112431.jpg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Took it to autocross again. 4th place in novice class out of 26. The 3 that beat me, 1 corvette got the best time of the day overall, so don't know how he's a novice and other one, a miata had been autocrossing for several years, just in another state. And then a Mazdaspeed3.

Car did great. There were 3 Golf R's and 2 Gti's, not in novice class. Got beat by 1 Golf R (he's good) and 1 GTI (on re71r). Just can't wait to get my Apex wheels and 200tw tires. Not sure if that would have helped much in making up the 2s difference with that GTI.

It was a good track for our longer gearing as I didn't have to put it into 1st. It was only off boost in 2 corners.

View attachment 209804
Grats!

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Finally installed my BFI engine mount and trans insert. The 'sandwich' looks like it's out of alignment a little, but judging by other pictures I found that seems to be normal? I torqued down the allen bushing to 35lb

Other than that, everything went smoothly and I didn't even notice any additional NVH. Already had a stage 1 insert that was broken in