GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Basically a chrome Pretoria with very slight differences. They should look real nice.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Volvo C30 R Design

Yeah the Dynaudio system that came with the MK6 GTI Autobahn was widely hailed as the best stereo in a car under 50K. None of the luxury cars in that same segment were better. Audiophiles on GolfMK6 used serious equipment To measure the frequencies and all that audiophile-y crap and compared to other cars, the Dynaudio system was the most flat EQ with like 1 small area in the cabin that was tuned away from the driver and passengers where there was crowding

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Installed protective glass on the infotainment. Kids (and wife) safe now :)

EDIT: Bought here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000008451802.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dDAM9I0 it was something like 5USD and a dime or so for shipping two months ago when I placed the order.
displej.jpg

Last edited:

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Installed protective glass on the infotainment. Kids (and wife) safe now :)
That's a smart move, and probably easier to clean too! Do you have a link/do they offer various styles? I have the less-snazzy infotainment system offered on the '19 S, and would like to do something to protect the screen from errant scratches.

kglpdx

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Yeah the Dynaudio system that came with the MK6 GTI Autobahn was widely hailed as the best stereo in a car under 50K. None of the luxury cars in that same segment were better. Audiophiles on GolfMK6 used serious equipment To measure the frequencies and all that audiophile-y crap and compared to other cars, the Dynaudio system was the most flat EQ with like 1 small area in the cabin that was tuned away from the driver and passengers where there was crowding
Do you know how the Dynaudio is in the newer models? While I was scouring the web for ideas on upgrading the fender system, I came across mixed reviews of the Dyanaudio, but then again I found people that said the fender system is great.

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Bought on Aliexpress - I will find the link and edit the comment. This is MY18 Composition Media (at least in home market).

It's tempered glass so fragile but scratch and liquid resistible. No bubbles when install. Not 100% fit as one can see around the buttons but I can live with that. No negative effect on sensitivity and visibility e.g. on direct sunlight. I think that fingerprints and dust are less visible now (down ca. by 10%).

Overall I'm satisfied and feel a bit safer when the family goes out without me. I think that price was max. 4-5 USD but one have to wait for delivery but free shipping counter balanced that.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
That's a smart move, and probably easier to clean too! Do you have a link/do they offer various styles? I have the less-snazzy infotainment system offered on the '19 S, and would like to do something to protect the screen from errant scratches.
i used this product on mine, its leaps better that the thick visible ones, best part is the smudge finger print prevention, also has covers for the gauges to protect and hide all the typical acrylic scratches.
Screen ProTech

F4F3684D-EBA5-4606-9B9F-CDF39B61C9C7.jpeg
C1ED37DB-9B6E-4C8D-9DCF-AE16AE962335.jpeg
04B50DF2-24DA-45E0-9785-732FAF77827A.jpeg

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
I am getting snobby with my audio equipment as I get older and extremely disappointed with my MK7.5 setup. I sold a MK6 autobahn and didn't realize how lucky I was with the Dynaudio..

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Do you know how the Dynaudio is in the newer models? While I was scouring the web for ideas on upgrading the fender system, I came across mixed reviews of the Dyanaudio, but then again I found people that said the fender system is great.

As far as I am aware, there is actually zero difference between MQB Dynaudio and MQB Fender. Literally identical equipment with different branding for the different markets. Nobody in America knows who Dynaudio is - everyone knows who Fender is. With the MK7 Jetta, VW went with Beats because that's the most recognizable name in personal audio in 2021.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

I mean the Fender system is not bad. It's still better than a Nissan's Bose system, or a Toyota's JBL. And definitely better than lesser brands' lesser marquees.

But if you're coming from MK6 Dynaudio, or any Dynaudio system for that matter, you're gonna be disappointed.

Fender is under amped. You really get distortion in the upper half of the volume, and the sub is so weak that it can't really do its job of relieving low-frequency responsibilities from the midrange drivers. So you get this empty bass from the sub combined with overworked midrange drivers.

I actually chose my SE Alltrack over an SEL because I preferred the Helix upgrade from my 2015 GTI S over the Fender system my first MK7, a 2015 GTI SE had.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I mean the Fender system is not bad. It's still better than a Nissan's Bose system, or a Toyota's JBL. And definitely better than lesser brands' lesser marquees.

But if you're coming from MK6 Dynaudio, or any Dynaudio system for that matter, you're gonna be disappointed.

Fender is under amped. You really get distortion in the upper half of the volume, and the sub is so weak that it can't really do its job of relieving low-frequency responsibilities from the midrange drivers. So you get this empty bass from the sub combined with overworked midrange drivers.

I actually chose my SE Alltrack over an SEL because I preferred the Helix upgrade from my 2015 GTI S over the Fender system my first MK7, a 2015 GTI SE had.
I don't agree with what you wrote.

I had the Dynaudio system in my MK6R - it is on par with the Fender system. With the sub in the Fender providing significantly more bass than the MK6 Dynaudio system. The mids in the Dynaudio were better, but overall, the systems are on par, in my view.

kglpdx

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
As far as I am aware, there is actually zero difference between MQB Dynaudio and MQB Fender. Literally identical equipment with different branding for the different markets. Nobody in America knows who Dynaudio is - everyone knows who Fender is. With the MK7 Jetta, VW went with Beats because that's the most recognizable name in personal audio in 2021.
They must use completely different DA components than what they use in Volvo. There is no comparison between the DA I had and the fender system. The fender system makes me cry any time I try to listen to something with any amount of bass.