GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Why? I want IS20 because it spoolss earlier than IS38. I don’t need power past 5.5K or so, so I’m happy to give up top end power for more immediate low end power. I want to take advantage of the AWD I have, and I don’t need to be going so fast i lose my license.
I thought the same for a long time but got tired of the TT being a little pooped out on the highway. So I went to the Audi dealer and test drove a used 17 TTS (IS38 R engine) and cause it was used, drove it super hard. I felt zero extra lag (at least none to complain about) so there’s a FC EURO is38 waiting for me at Billy’s shop. Gonna install it after I enjoy my UM 1 for a few more weeks.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Did NOT swap from snows to real shoes. Instead started dealing with leaking piping in my well water. A new accumulator/pressure tank is in my near future. At least I can do it myself for around $1k. idk but 2x (+?) that number for a plumber.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Did NOT swap from snows to real shoes. Instead started dealing with leaking piping in my well water. A new accumulator/pressure tank is in my near future. At least I can do it myself for around $1k. idk but 2x (+?) that number for a plumber.

If you don’t have a PEX crimp tool that’s money well spent.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
The is38 has a much smoother/more natural power band, like what you’d expect from a turbo car if you’ve ever driven anything with a aftermarket turbo...the choked down top end of a is20 isn’t a good thing no matter how you slice it.
100% agree with this

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Jake,

yes I do....I did entire house in pex 5+ years ago.

Mud

pex rocks especially when doing rework!

I just saw pictures of a buddies new construction going together with CPVC and I cringed so hard lol. PEX is so clean/quick/easy to work with and repair.

I’ll be tackling a plumbing job soon at the home too. Unfortunately adding a additional septic line (I’m just running the machine on that part), but also running a water line and internet out to the shop.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Did the Autotech hpfp swap. Was planning on also doing the IS38 swap, but just couldn't motivate. Instead I washed it for the first time in 6 weeks and cleaned up my garage. Maybe everything being nice and neat will help me get going next weekend.

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
Golf R front brakes, rotors, dust shields, & master cylinder went in yesterday. Install was very easy and straight forward. The hardest thing is breaking the caliper carrier bolts and retorquing them with such little room. Also don't mind my neighbors dirt bike with all the tools on it and the supreme stickers 🤦‍♂️
garage.JPG

Master cylinder pulled. Also degreased and hosed down this whole area by the trans/axle since I had everything out (picture shows it before).
engineBay.JPG

Waited around all day for my roommate to come home to help me bleed the brakes, but ended up getting a "One man brake bleeder kit" from Autozone for $10 and it worked great. Thankfully the AutoZone is a one minute walk from my apartment.

wheel.jpg

Drove around for a little bit then bled the brakes again and went on another test ride. Brakes feel about the same around the city where I'm only going about 30 mph tops. Once you get on them they do have a much stronger bite and am very pleased with them. Will be painting the rears black to match until I find some PP GTI rear brakes.
wagon.jpg

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
SRS Tec front inserts installed, Clubsport stripe to replace the Racingline stripe. FINISHED I think.....

Attachments

• 2D831695-E00C-49EA-BA76-102A4F099674.jpeg
    2D831695-E00C-49EA-BA76-102A4F099674.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 124
  • 59AA3763-8D65-4196-BDED-81CC4531888C.jpeg
    59AA3763-8D65-4196-BDED-81CC4531888C.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 114
  • F095A1BF-93E2-4943-826A-C0F03FF5F409.jpeg
    F095A1BF-93E2-4943-826A-C0F03FF5F409.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 121
  • 4A940811-C069-44A5-B50D-74F2DF7AF530.jpeg
    4A940811-C069-44A5-B50D-74F2DF7AF530.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 117

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
So after spending months trying to locate and fix a rattle when going over sharp bumps I finally found it.

Someone decided to leave me their 18mm impact socket in the driver side rear lower control arm.
It must have happened when I had the car aligned. I swore it started after the alignment but I wasn’t sure.

at least now there’s no more rattle and I have a spare socket (wish it was a 10mm).
B2D4AE5E-95E8-4760-996C-C803CF3CB66C.jpeg

Last edited: