GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Finally had the Osrams installed and XPEL wrapped. Haven't really had a chance to drive at night yet but so far they look amazing. Also went a little wild at the OEM store and got some chrome tips, window shades, and trash bag, lol. Probably the only person on here who's bought this trash bag because why would you encourage trash in the car? But, we're about to embark on a cross-country road trip and the gf insisted ;)

View attachment 207945View attachment 207946View attachment 207947View attachment 207948
Nicest golf here with beautiful paint!

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I guess if breathing more is your goal lol. I’m aware the stock box isn’t a restriction until 350, maybe even 400+ HP. For me, an intake is 90% sound, 10% power. I won’t upgrade a catback, likely gonna replace my Alltrack DP with a OEM Golf R DP. I like turbo noises lol, open intake is the best for that.

I have APR Plus so I’m locked into their hardware. When my tax return comes I’m getting their open intake and TMD. Next year’s bonus, intercooler. The following year, I will likely say screw the APr Plus and go IS20 EQT
At that rate may as well go IS38 with an EQT protune.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I don't think the badge is crooked. It looks like a design choice to make it parallel to the front of the car, rather than mostly follow the curve of the inlet duct.
8D96D761-151A-432C-A632-796BB5D0E974.jpeg
It’s weird man. Everyone’s is like this but it doesn’t seem to line up with anything. In fact it sticks out terribly.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
At that rate may as well go IS38 with an EQT protune.
Why? I want IS20 because it spoolss earlier than IS38. I don’t need power past 5.5K or so, so I’m happy to give up top end power for more immediate low end power. I want to take advantage of the AWD I have, and I don’t need to be going so fast i lose my license.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Why? I want IS20 because it spoolss earlier than IS38. I don’t need power past 5.5K or so, so I’m happy to give up top end power for more immediate low end power. I want to take advantage of the AWD I have, and I don’t need to be going so fast i lose my license.
I didn't realize your have awd and can actually put low end torque down. I can't in a GTI.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Have you driven both? The is20 doesn’t make more hp/torque down low, it just makes a lot less up top.

The is38 is the perfect stopping point for these cars, and if you’re spending the money on a pro tune (not saying you are, but in that hypothetical situation) your return on investment is a lot better with a slightly more expensive is38 vs is20.

The is38 has a much smoother/more natural power band, like what you’d expect from a turbo car if you’ve ever driven anything with a aftermarket turbo...the choked down top end of a is20 isn’t a good thing no matter how you slice it.

Also, tickets are the same at 90hp in a Mk4 Tdi as in a 350hp mk7...having the power isn’t what causes that (my wife makes that argument all the time). Being distracted or just dumb is what get tickets the majority of the time. A nice on ramp or curvy back road has NEVER netted me a ticket in any of my modded vehicles. It’s always when I’m bored or tired just clipping along at 15 over instead of 5 over (dumb) because I’m not paying attention.

End is38 sales pitch lol, I know a lot gets lost in text vs having a real conversation but read this as being buddy who’s a bad influence, not as being an ass

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Have you driven both? The is20 doesn’t make more hp/torque down low, it just makes a lot less up top.

The is38 is the perfect stopping point for these cars, and if you’re spending the money on a pro tune (not saying you are, but in that hypothetical situation) your return on investment is a lot better with a slightly more expensive is38 vs is20.

The is38 has a much smoother/more natural power band, like what you’d expect from a turbo car if you’ve ever driven anything with a aftermarket turbo...the choked down top end of a is20 isn’t a good thing no matter how you slice it.

Also, tickets are the same at 90hp in a Mk4 Tdi as in a 350hp mk7...having the power isn’t what causes that (my wife makes that argument all the time). Being distracted or just dumb is what get tickets the majority of the time. A nice on ramp or curvy back road has NEVER netted me a ticket in any of my modded vehicles. It’s always when I’m bored or tired just clipping along at 15 over instead of 5 over (dumb) because I’m not paying attention.

End is38 sales pitch lol, I know a lot gets lost in text vs having a real conversation but read this as being buddy who’s a bad influence, not as being an ass

Definitely appreciate the insight. You’re not the first person to say just go IS38. I probably will lol