Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No comment. But I am furious with her RN

bro it looks really really good. How long will a wrap usually last?

She drives the most bland, boring car on the road these days. A white Nissan Rogue. You know, the slowest car that Car & Driver tested last year. The steering wheel turns about 540°, yet still manages to have a worse turning radius than my car. It's horrid. I've been driving it the last week here and there, and hate it.

She said if she was getting her car wrapped, it would be a shimmery pearlescent white.

So while I value her opinion in many things, cars is not one of them.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
She drives the most bland, boring car on the road these days. A white Nissan Rogue. You know, the slowest car that Car & Driver tested last year. The steering wheel turns about 540°, yet still manages to have a worse turning radius than my car. It's horrid. I've been driving it the last week here and there, and hate it.

She said if she was getting her car wrapped, it would be a shimmery pearlescent white.

My wife is kinda the same. She actually thinks my pure white Gti’s color is way nicer than her GLI’s tornado red.

starsmith

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Urano Grey GTI
swayg.jpg

got my 24mm H&R rear sway on there, getting accustomed to the flat turning lifestyle

I do not know by what magic the various install videos get the bar out without dropping the exhaust. If you don't possess mechanical genius then just spare yourself the trouble and drop one side of the damn exhaust, it's super easy. Also make sure all the fasteners are lined up real good at the end before you tighten anything.

Last edited:

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.

My wife and I have a white CX-5 for primary family hauling duties, but it is a pearlescent white! Also, the CX-5 was the possibly the best handling non-luxury CUV in that size class back when we bought it. In any case, we bought it used with an excellent documented service history, so we couldn't be as picky as if we'd been buying new.

She always liked the GTI and Tiguan (the 1st gen Tiguan's small cargo area ruled that out), and when she saw the Cornflower Blue GTI I wanted, she encouraged me to get one in that color.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I finally got around to getting the nut/bolt reinstalled in the front strut tower mount after knocking it out like a dumbass last weekend lol. Luckily I didn't mess up the threads in the nut so it was reusable and I still had the correct bolts. I had ordered a replacement from FCP and when it arrived I inspected it and it confirmed what I had thought: that the nut was just pressed in to place. Once I got the car up and the wheel off, I was able to work my hand in there and get everything lined up and threaded together...and torqued to spec even! So now, I finally get to enjoy the Eurosport front strut stress bar Leyo shift knob I put in last week. :D

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Yes, I actually did get some! Just need to put all the clips together. I should have it up on my channel sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Awesome! Very interested. Some say the IE has a unique sound compared to some Downpipes because of cat location. I haven’t heard enough in person to verify this is true but I’m on the fence about staying stealthy or adding a catback.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I finally got around to getting the nut/bolt reinstalled in the front strut tower mount after knocking it out like a dumbass last weekend lol. Luckily I didn't mess up the threads in the nut so it was reusable and I still had the correct bolts. I had ordered a replacement from FCP and when it arrived I inspected it and it confirmed what I had thought: that the nut was just pressed in to place. Once I got the car up and the wheel off, I was able to work my hand in there and get everything lined up and threaded together...and torqued to spec even! So now, I finally get to enjoy the Eurosport front strut stress bar Leyo shift knob I put in last week. :D
Glad to hear it wasn't a huge ordeal for you. Hang onto to that strut bearing, as you'll most likely want to replace both when you refresh the suspsension.

At 45k now and I get squeaks and grunts from what I believe is my strut bearings right now when turning or moving over uneven pavement. Thinking about swapping them when I do suspension and FCP Euro makes it easy as they're lifetime when purchased from them. Buy it, use it, buy a replacement from them and send it back. They credit you the cost. (y)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Glad to hear it wasn't a huge ordeal for you. Hang onto to that strut bearing, as you'll most likely want to replace both when you refresh the suspsension.

At 45k now and I get squeaks and grunts from what I believe is my strut bearings right now when turning or moving over uneven pavement. Thinking about swapping them when I do suspension and FCP Euro makes it easy as they're lifetime when purchased from them. Buy it, use it, buy a replacement from them and send it back. They credit you the cost. (y)
I still can't figure out how FCP Euro can afford that. Hell of a deal though.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I still can't figure out how FCP Euro can afford that. Hell of a deal though.
I think it has to do with their prices and sales model, but could be wrong. They have good prices, but their price is rarely "the best" you can find. Take the PCV valve, looking at 06K103495AP FCP wants ~$148 for it(OEM non OE). You can find the same OEm part for 20+ bucks cheaper with a quick google if you really wanted - but for 20-40 bucks when the total is around 100 it seems worth it to me to splurge a bit for free replacement as it is a failure/maintenance item.

With their sales, they seem to do more a spend X get Y off your total sales rather than putting individual items on sale. This probably helps spread the overhead a bit better.

Though some things they're pretty well priced for. 6 liters of Liqui Moly Leichtlauf High Tech, plug and filter/gasket for 60 bucks isn't bad when you consider you can send back used oil under their replacement too. :unsure: