GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Maybe I’m wrong!!!! If so... my apologies. I have the Satin and wasn’t aware there may have been another bronze option. Is the Gloss Bronze the old Goldish color? Thought that was discontinued.
They still make both finishes, but some wheels are only available in one or the other. The RSE10s are available in almost every color because they're so popular. As for the gloss being goldish, I think it's the same bronze, just with reflective clear coat. I have gloss bronze RSE142s and they're pretty dark still.

IMG_20190705_162250469_HDR.jpg

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
On modded euros there are satin bronze, gloss bronze, and just bronze for Nuespeed wheels.

I don't recall having 3 bronze options when I bought my wheels though ME a couple years ago.

interesting. On neuspeed’s own website, the Gold appears to have been discontinued as an option for the 18x8/8.5 RSE10.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
They still make both finishes, but some wheels are only available in one or the other. The RSE10s are available in almost every color because they're so popular. As for the gloss being goldish, I think it's the same bronze, just with reflective clear coat. I have gloss bronze RSE142s and they're pretty dark still.

View attachment 207566

oh wow, that looks great. Much more like the OZs I had on my last car. I don’t love the break in the lip for the valve stem though

gti_up

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S

View attachment 207566
You pretty much nailed it.

In other news, those Wolfsburg center caps look great.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
OEM euro short shifter, metal shifter bracket, metal bracket bushings, and shifter cable end link bushings.

I’ve been adjusting this thing for an hour following the video and guides online and it just doesn’t feel right. 4th is where neutral used to be and 1, 3, and 5, feel up too high. Like my knuckles are going to hit the center console.

• Sad
Reactions: q74

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I got a stage 1 and TCU installed and then thanks to our antiquated freeway system, couldn't even get above 40 driving home.

More power. Speed limiter removed. $700
Improved shifting $400
Drive in 2nd gear all the way home. Priceless
😂

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Got ticketed by a cop who was baiting me. He was driving in the left lane going 15mph UNDER the limit. He was getting passed by cars in the right lane and I was stuck behind him. I was assuming he was about to make a left turn or something so when it was clear I signaled into the right lane, passed him, and then signaled back into the left lane. Lights flipped and I got pulled over by two young (maybe 25 years old) cops. Making jokes about how "my car must be fast" and such. It was almost like they were watching me in their rear camera like "hey do you think we can drive slow enough to get this GTI to pass us?"

Technically passing in the right lane is illegal, but so is just driving in the left lane if you're not passing someone. 🤷‍♂️
If you would have had a dash cam the judge would throw out your case.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
OEM euro short shifter, metal shifter bracket, metal bracket bushings, and shifter cable end link bushings.

I’ve been adjusting this thing for an hour following the video and guides online and it just doesn’t feel right. 4th is where neutral used to be and 1, 3, and 5, feel up too high. Like my knuckles are going to hit the center console.

Okay so I think I finally got it all dialed in. I also forgot that I ordered a new clutch bleeder block so I put that in too. First impressions: placebo mods? Everything feels pretty much identical to me.

If you would have had a dash cam the judge would throw out your case.

Now I'm just going to get screwed with a he said/I said situation and the cops always win those. I just hope they at least drop the points. I'd gladly pay more money now to not have any points. I'm just now getting my insurance back down to a reasonable amount after my Jetta was totaled three years ago.

That's a story in itself, but an old man started merging into my lane and was about to hit me. My only two options were let him hit me or maneuver out of the way. Well in the moment my first instinct was to turn away from him. I hopped the curb and, since my car was lowered, destroyed the underside of my car. Looooong story short my insurance had to pay for it since there was no vehicle contact. They literally told me "You should have let him hit you. It would have been better for you."

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Got ticketed by a cop who was baiting me. He was driving in the left lane going 15mph UNDER the limit. He was getting passed by cars in the right lane and I was stuck behind him. I was assuming he was about to make a left turn or something so when it was clear I signaled into the right lane, passed him, and then signaled back into the left lane. Lights flipped and I got pulled over by two young (maybe 25 years old) cops. Making jokes about how "my car must be fast" and such. It was almost like they were watching me in their rear camera like "hey do you think we can drive slow enough to get this GTI to pass us?"

Technically passing in the right lane is illegal, but so is just driving in the left lane if you're not passing someone. 🤷‍♂️
Wow thats super shitty. PA cops are usually pretty on top of left lane campers too.

Curryninja

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
Bought a single OZ center cap for my Alleggerita wheels and popped that in this morning. Costed $30 from a seller in the US o_O. I know these caps are sold via Ali, Ebay, etc but it would have taken 2months to get them and I needed to get my car looking good for a road trip my friends and I are taking in the next 2 weeks.