GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Thank you for the heads up! Was it literally just an auto clear coat?

Fairly sure it was just an auto clear coat. He was also refinishing a set of wheels for me. Pics for clicks. 476C662D-F908-4867-9883-8990EECFB6F1.jpeg

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
ECS = extreme cost savings

I can’t talk, I own some of their parts.

Picked up an OEM exhaust today. Tired of a loud car, also want to pickup the Verus diffuser and it doesn’t fit great with aftermarket exhausts from what I’ve read.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

Picked up an OEM exhaust today. Tired of a loud car, also want to pickup the Verus diffuser and it doesn’t fit great with aftermarket exhausts from what I’ve read.
My experience seems to be unique apparently. But ecs won’t be getting any more of my money. To be lied to three different times on three different transactions. I can’t. Meanwhile urotuning and shopdap shoot straight and set proper expectations

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Installed OEM alarm siren to get that fancy chirp. Kit was about 65 bucks on AliExpress which isn’t too bad. Install took about 2 hours as I was taking my time making everything look OEM as far as wiring. View attachment 206105View attachment 206106
Did you happen to make a video of the chirp sound? Would love to hear the sound. Also, what model year you have? I have a 2020 MK7.5 GTI and last time I check OBDEleven, didn't supported too much yet on this platform to code the new siren after the installation.
Probably too late to ask but I would have loved to see a video on the installation steps specially, all the work around the "Master Fuse Box".

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

I would love to pull that diffuser home......looks stunning

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Did you happen to make a video of the chirp sound? Would love to hear the sound. Also, what model year you have? I have a 2020 MK7.5 GTI and last time I check OBDEleven, didn't supported too much yet on this platform to code the new siren after the installation.
Probably too late to ask but I would have loved to see a video on the installation steps specially, all the work around the "Master Fuse Box".

My gti is a 2019 and I also installed one in my wife’s 2020 Jetta R-Line. Both installed and coded the same. The diy I posted works perfectly. The fuse box is pretty simple if you have some mechanical ability. Unfortunately I did not record any of the install. The diy was more than enough for me. Install took about an hour.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Installed Ed's rep headlights in my 2020 S! Holy moly do they look great. Just need to aim them tonight once it gets dark. Down the road I may put a protective film on as I've read that these can show signs of age after a year or so, though.

On an additional note, I bought a flexible screwdriver extension that allowed me to install them without taking the bumper off, which I was very pleased with.

Mannn I installed the Osram’s on my 2020 GTI S recently too.. idk how you did it without removing the bumper. With the little hooks on the bottom of the OEM lights it made it impossible to just pull out the lights from the bumper. So you beat me on ingenuity!

Khanak

Did my sparkplugs at 86k. Car feels butter smooth now. The difference is insane!

It was a huge ordeal getting them changed. The coils seperated from the boots and then tore when i tried to yank em out. Finally managed to get em out of there. What should have been a 15 minute job turned into something that took several hours and a few trips to the parts store including new boots.