GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
The sun was shining in Seattle, and I just got a new foam cannon. Took the opportunity to wash all 4 cars and then installed my Rennwag spoiler extension. I ordered the hardware just in case, but it’s really solid with just the 3M tape.
And then of course it snowed the next day.
511EE232-A2C7-4F32-98DB-B45189B31852.jpeg
780C5C00-E7B0-4364-9C9B-759340A3AD0B.jpeg

B8B9333C-7A9B-4146-AF00-B7B2AB8E7BF3.jpeg

6DE67AE6-09D3-4512-9F3B-40B3EFBD51B4.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^ it never fails to happen.....snow or rain, right after a detail

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Pretty much finished my rear suspension.
1. ECS locking collars
2. Stern subframe brace
3. Superpro 22mm rear swaybar & endlinks

The back is very solid and sorted feeling now. The swaybar is subtle, but I definitely feel less understeer once you start to pushing it through a corner. I think the front needs some work now...
IMG_20210314_144442.jpg

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
If you're only taking it to the dealer to get it bottom drained, you may be disappointed to know that many dealers use extractors too.
Not the only reason, more to get some qualified eyes on my car every other time while under warranty. For peace of mind at least. Added bonus if they get the dregs from the bottom!

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
You can improve the front dramatically with a strut tower brace and a Neuspeed lower front brace.

https://neuspeed.com/collections/vo...isweep-power-brace-lower-arm-front-iscflbg75r
I already have the Eurocode front strut bar, and it did make a big difference in the precision of the front end. That iSweep front subframe brace is next on my list along with the Powerflex hybrid puck to replace my 034 inserts. Going to do both while I'm in there. That will be my last chassis brace probably, so the car should feel very stout once it's all done. Thanks for the suggestion👍.

gti_up

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Installed Ed's rep headlights in my 2020 S! Holy moly do they look great. Just need to aim them tonight once it gets dark. Down the road I may put a protective film on as I've read that these can show signs of age after a year or so, though.

On an additional note, I bought a flexible screwdriver extension that allowed me to install them without taking the bumper off, which I was very pleased with.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Installed Ed's rep headlights in my 2020 S! Holy moly do they look great. Just need to aim them tonight once it gets dark. Down the road I may put a protective film on as I've read that these can show signs of age after a year or so, though.

On an additional note, I bought a flexible screwdriver extension that allowed me to install them without taking the bumper off, which I was very pleased with.

I’ll recommend coating them with either a film or even a clear coat. UV protection is what most of the aftermarket lights lack and they will show age much sooner than the OEM lights. I had a set of his lights on my mk6 that I had a painter clear coat and they looked new for years.

gti_up

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I’ll recommend coating them with either a film or even a clear coat. UV protection is what most of the aftermarket lights lack and they will show age much sooner than the OEM lights. I had a set of his lights on my mk6 that I had a painter clear coat and they looked new for years.
Thank you for the heads up! Was it literally just an auto clear coat?