GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Well shit... I’m flying to Denver on the 17 and going to Avon, then Aspen for a couple project meetings, hopefully y’all get a heat wave tomorrow and Tuesday
Sorry man
91C9DCDB-4FB5-477A-BBDB-45DE19B7BC25.png

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Called Capital One to refinance for a better rate and they told me "well we could refinance you or give you $50k towards a new car, let us know". Now I'm thinking I may trade this GTI in for an RS4. 😁

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^ best time to be there....get your powder on! I wish I was headed there....that Denver drop was awesome

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Have you considered a newer used RS3?

Realistically I'm not going to get anything at the moment. I hate having a car payment, and even though I just refinanced mine, I'm still looking to pay it off relatively soon. If I wasn't house-hunting it would already be paid off.

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Yesterday... changed my oil via the extractor method.

First time doing an oil change this way on any car. Liked it overall but was only able to get 5.0 L / 5.25 quarts out. I don't believe I got the end of the tube properly into the bottom as I felt more of a "soft stop" vs. a hard stop of the tube hitting the bottom. Messed with it for quite some time but to no avail.
Oil was on the low side to start with so don't believe I left a lot in there but regardless I still plan on taking it to a dealership for the next one (alternating DIY and Dealer services - not covering many miles right now so it is a yearly thing).

Took care of the oil change on my mower while I was at it too - the extractor was clutch on that for sure - tipping that one in the past has always be a PITA.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Yesterday... changed my oil via the extractor method.

First time doing an oil change this way on any car. Liked it overall but was only able to get 5.0 L / 5.25 quarts out. I don't believe I got the end of the tube properly into the bottom as I felt more of a "soft stop" vs. a hard stop of the tube hitting the bottom. Messed with it for quite some time but to no avail.
Oil was on the low side to start with so don't believe I left a lot in there but regardless I still plan on taking it to a dealership for the next one (alternating DIY and Dealer services - not covering many miles right now so it is a yearly thing).

Took care of the oil change on my mower while I was at it too - the extractor was clutch on that for sure - tipping that one in the past has always be a PITA.
If you're only taking it to the dealer to get it bottom drained, you may be disappointed to know that many dealers use extractors too.