GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
26mm is thick. How did it alter the car?

Like GTIfan indicated, it eliminates understeer pretty much completely. The car feels more neutral and there is less body roll.

Driving normally I don't really feel it. Making turns, in bends, it's not noticeable.

But when you drive more aggressively you definitely notice the rear come around more. It's a lot livelier. Not to the point of breaking traction (yet) but in those conditions you're a lot more confident the car is going to go where you point it.

I went towards the top end of what is available stiffness-wise because I wanted to really feel it. I daily my car and won't track it often but the sensation you get when the back end comes around that much quicker makes it worth it in the rare instances when you're really hooning it

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Like GTIfan indicated, it eliminates understeer pretty much completely. The car feels more neutral and there is less body roll.

Driving normally I don't really feel it. Making turns, in bends, it's not noticeable.

But when you drive more aggressively you definitely notice the rear come around more. It's a lot livelier. Not to the point of breaking traction (yet) but in those conditions you're a lot more confident the car is going to go where you point it.

I went towards the top end of what is available stiffness-wise because I wanted to really feel it. I daily my car and won't track it often but the sensation you get when the back end comes around that much quicker makes it worth it in the rare instances when you're really hooning it
Zero out rear toe with the 26mm and you get a fwd drift car. 😎

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
DAP big brake kit with Clubsport rotors

Attachments

• 9FDF3BD2-346E-407D-BE74-C25B40340796.jpeg
    9FDF3BD2-346E-407D-BE74-C25B40340796.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 93

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
1B20813D-190E-4CDF-9EF9-97524FF89A94.jpeg

Got some gas and went on a Sunday drive!

Also patiently waiting on my Osram’s from Germany, super stoked to get rid of the halogens

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
255 my ass.
Your ass is wide too?

I've got 255 RE71Rs on the way. I've run the SUR4G's before on my Miata in 255. They run about the same as other 200tw tires. This is 255/40 17 SUR4Gs on a 17 x 9 rim.
FB_IMG_1562593029129.jpg

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Per Tirerack tread width on these is 10.2”. For comparison Nitto NT01 in 255/40/17 is 10.36” and MPS4S is 10.2”