GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
As far as I'm aware, they don't consider it an "issue" that needs to be fixed, because the hoses are sized to fit their twintercooler to their upgraded replacement intercooler (not the OEM one) and their upgraded charge pipes. So when you're connecting their twintercooler to the OEM intercooler and OEM pipes, the hose is too big and has fitment "issues".
This is exactly right.

gti_up

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
PXL_20210225_223234117.jpg

My biggest gripe is that APR doesn't tell you you'll need a secondary air filter. Alas, looks like I'm going without one for a few days.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
My biggest gripe is that APR doesn't tell you you'll need a secondary air filter. Alas, looks like I'm going without one for a few days.

Looks good otherwise.

Harder bend into the filter and narrower piping than the IE intake (and no SAI hookup) but it's prettier. And fewer pieces, it was a bit of a challenge getting all of the IE slices to line up to fit right on my car.

Did it come with the coolant hose re-route or did you already have that installed?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Looks good otherwise.

Harder bend into the filter and narrower piping than the IE intake (and no SAI hookup) but it's prettier. And fewer pieces, it was a bit of a challenge getting all of the IE slices to line up to fit right on my car.

Did it come with the coolant hose re-route or did you already have that installed?
That looks stock.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Reflashed to stage 2 after reverting to stock tune to pass state inspection. It was depressing running the stock tune for the last few days.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
So it’s my understanding that as you lower a car, the distance between where the endlink mounts to the front sway bar and the strut body shortens. As the stock front end link is non-adjustable in length, it applies more pressure to the front sway bar as the car is lowered from stock height, effectively loading up the front sway bar even when the car is at rest. The adjustable end links allow you to properly adjust the length so that there is no “pre-load” on the front sway bar at rest, which allows it to function throughout its full range of motion when driving.

Honestly driving around down after install I couldn’t feel a difference but I haven’t done any sporty driving with them yet. For 150 bucks and how simple the install is though I thought it was worth it.
no opposite.

Distance lengthens. Strut attachment point remains at the same height. Bar moves lower with the.subframe, because you lowered the car. Distance increases.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
You sure? That doesn’t intuitively make sense to me.
absolutely sure.

your car is lower. the strut attachment point doesn't move.it's attached to the strut body and its height doesn't.change. but the other attachment point connects.to a part attached to the subframe. the distance increases.

so in order to maintain the same angle for the bar, the endlink needs to increase.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I scraped a wheel…. It’s bad. Too ashamed to post a photo 😭. I was pulling out of a spot with a curb to my right and I cut the turn too close.
Kind of amazing how bad it feels to have done this. You just stare at it in disbelief and curse that momentary lapse in concentration.

At the end of last year I hit the curb hard as fuck but it was dark out so I couldn't see the damage. While I worked i told myself that I would trade losing out the season in Fantasy football if the wheel wasn't damaged.

Finished 4 and 9 in the season, 235 tires ftw.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Kind of amazing how bad it feels to have done this. You just stare at it in disbelief and curse that momentary lapse in concentration.

At the end of last year I hit the curb hard as fuck but it was dark out so I couldn't see the damage. While I worked i told myself that I would trade losing out the season in Fantasy football if the wheel wasn't damaged.

Finished 4 and 9 in the season, 235 tires ftw.
It all happened in a flash lol.