GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I took a deep dive into GCA (Generic Car Adjuster) files in the firmware. these control which ambient light and AC zones are available in the car. Read my deep dive here:
drive2

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I took a deep dive into GCA (Generic Car Adjuster) files in the firmware. these control which ambient light and AC zones are available in the car. Read my deep dive here:
drive2

#Oh feck....my head hurts now!!!...;)

(Again as usual good work...(y))

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
drive2

Reading your write up...

1614172344339.png

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I will be taking an unnecessarily long drive with the fam because I just got to drive for ze farfegnugen, jawoll!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Over the weekend, mounted my FK510's. Tried to sell them to go wider, but a couple buyers never showed, so I just decided to burn them up. They were brand new, couldn't justify letting them sit in the garage, when I need a new set of RE71R's.

Anyway, they seem to put power down pretty well even being 225's, especially after installing the Neuspeed pitch mount insert.

Last edited:

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Did the 2nd oil change ever on my GTI at 12,000 miles. This time bought the oil at FCPEURO instead of the dealer. Looking forward to being able to return my old oil for the next oil change. I also see now that I’m low on coolant.
E5F5D2E9-DC73-432F-9E75-469E1FA159D9.jpeg

Installed the CTS Turbo Inlet. Very straight forward. Oddly enough I do think I hear more turbo noise paired with the Autotech intake and JB4. When I just had the Autotech intake, k&n panel filter, and removed snow guard I didn’t think there was much noise. Hmmm maybe it’s only because I was driving with the window down and listening for my turbo? Also when I installed the intake I didn’t have the Nameless Performance catback yet. Once again it was only $70 shipped so whatever.
AAD766E9-79A6-483E-9319-6EB073B7E3E3.jpeg

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Did the 2nd oil change ever on my GTI at 12,000 miles. This time bought the oil at FCPEURO instead of the dealer. Looking forward to being able to return my old oil for the next oil change. I also see now that I’m low on coolant.
View attachment 204359
Installed the CTS Turbo Inlet. Very straight forward. Oddly enough I do think I hear more turbo noise paired with the Autotech intake and JB4. When I just had the Autotech intake, k&n panel filter, and removed snow guard I didn’t think there was much noise. Hmmm maybe it’s only because I was driving with the window down and listening for my turbo? Also when I installed the intake I didn’t have the Nameless Performance catback yet. Once again it was only $70 shipped so whatever.
The TIP pipe should def make a bit more noise. The Autotech intake was on my list. Glad to see someone using it, I like the fitment

*0w-20 in a turbo motor just doesn't feel right to me. With DI dilution and sheer factor the MPG savings just doesn't seem worth it. Add to that a tune and additional HP/TQ. Then you realize its OEM spec and OCI is 10k. Man I don't like it.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
View attachment 204359
View attachment 204360
Check your coolant.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Are there still fitment issues with the hoses or did they finally update it?

As far as I'm aware, they don't consider it an "issue" that needs to be fixed, because the hoses are sized to fit their twintercooler to their upgraded replacement intercooler (not the OEM one) and their upgraded charge pipes. So when you're connecting their twintercooler to the OEM intercooler and OEM pipes, the hose is too big and has fitment "issues".

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
Last week swapped out my dented black fender (prius wanted the left lane and merged into me) with a like new grey fender.
It sure does give the car some character.

Later on in the week took my car to the shop to have some BC Coils put on 8k F/ 8k R. And did a canyon run with them a couple days later. The car feels brand new without worn out bouncy coils.