GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Sorry boys, I kinda wanna build these now. Cant wait to do round two next winter (it’s getting a turbo or supercharger).

MR2's are an absolute blast. Here is my old one from 2012. It had a 3VZFE 3.0 V6 swap from the Lexus ES300. I told myself I would build another one someday. I am very intrigued by the Honda K-series swap or the 2GRFE V6 in the Camry and Lotus Evora.
414054_10150601938812699_955054434_o.jpg

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I want a 2nd gen MR2 so bad. I just can't justify owning two cars that wouldn't serve daily driver purposes.

There was a place localish (PrimeMR2 I think?) that is known for their 3SGTE swaps. I always hoped to end up with a clean SW20 with a 4th gen motor and BT. Alas, the GTI will have to servce double duty until I can flip the YJ for a reliable daily.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Put in the DieselGeek short shifter - hate it so far, insanely notchy, I'll give it a few hundred miles as I heard it gets better - this is the new 2021 version. also added 034 shifter bracket bushings. Those were a bitch, I lost one of them to the engine and lost like an hour fishing for it. also put in an IE tip and IE v2 intake. All this with snow on the ground. I miss my condo, having a house with no garage is not pleasant.

IMG_20210215_194945_resized_20210222_015130872.jpg

IMG_20210221_164216_resized_20210222_015057833.jpg

IMG_20210221_152343_resized_20210222_015041874.jpg

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Put in the DieselGeek short shifter - hate it so far, insanely notchy, I'll give it a few hundred miles as I heard it gets better - this is the new 2021 version. also added 034 shifter bracket bushings. Those were a bitch, I lost one of them to the engine and lost like an hour fishing for it. also put in an IE tip and IE v2 intake. All this with snow on the ground. I miss my condo, having a house with no garage is not pleasant.
It will break in over time. Surprised you didn't clean all that crud from the top of the shifter assembly.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
It will break in over time. Surprised you didn't clean all that crud from the top of the shifter assembly.
said the same thing to myself when I saw the pic 😂

and yes it will break in, but it will never not be notchy. Give it some time to see if you like it but if it might not be what you're looking for...

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Installed two new Indy 500 tires for the front. Sadly, one tire went bad so i bought two. Tossed the bad one and kept the one that had decent tread just incase you never kno. Lasted only 9months :\

q74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
R

View attachment 204039

View attachment 204040
View attachment 204041
what's new with the 2021 version

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
what's new with the 2021 version
The two biggest changes are the bracket that comes for the front to back; and the side to side reuses the stock mechanism along with inserts, instead of the metal one that came with the versions prior, makes it a lot easier to adjust.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Got my first EPC light last night. 🤷‍♂️ Was playing around on the freeway doing some 3rd gear knockdown pulls, Hesitated to shift into 4th on one and boom. - EPC light, car is running rough as hell, and attempting to stumble to the side of the rode in 2nd and making no power. Quick restart on the side of the road cleared it for now, seems to be running just fine.

Working on updating my Hexnet on my ancient laptop so I can do a quick scan. Tried to use my phone earlier and it wouldn't connect, so we're off to a great start. :ROFLMAO: