GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I’m not familiar with Neuspeed, but BFI and others settle and and become much more livable after 500-1,000 miles.
Thanks, I'll give it some time then.

It's crazy that VW couldn't have found a better compromise with engine mounts. They aren't even adequate for the car stock.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks, I'll give it some time then.

It's crazy that VW couldn't have found a better compromise with engine mounts. They aren't even adequate for the car stock.
Mine lasted 100,000 miles with much more power than stock. The track racing you do must have had much more impact than a stock car would endure.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Mine lasted 100,000 miles with much more power than stock. The track racing you do must have had much more impact than a stock car would endure.
The car has severe wheel hop with stock power and brand new engine mounts, so it's not a matter of wear, it's a matter of design.

uberGTI

Passed Mr. Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
Swapped in an Odyssey group 48 AGM battery when I started seeing signs of battery failure. OBDeleven made the battery adaptation easy. Use 11 and the date in DDMMYYYY format for the battery serial and you'll have a reminder when you last changed it. The actual number entered just needs to be different than the prior one.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Finally a nice day for a wash.

2229C498-7334-4DAF-BF8F-30747CAD7FD4.jpeg

53845D9A-B459-4021-89B6-64BC04ECBC01.jpeg

FA01B484-5FBD-407B-8579-2E1E6311D6EA.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

CKIVSEPA

Passed Driver's Ed
Put on OEM splash guards.
Have a gap at the top on the driver's side front that I am not happy about, but generally speaking I am pleased with them.

RGM sillguards as soon as it warms up a bit.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Have a gap at the top on the driver's side front that I am not happy about, but generally speaking I am pleased with them.

Didn't put them on my car because of that gap. It doesn't look good.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I’m not familiar with Neuspeed, but BFI and others settle and and become much more livable after 500-1,000 miles.
Even after just 4 hard drives its already much better. On first start up after install, the whole car was a giant vibrator. Would have been sexual harassment to let a coworker ride with me.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Maybe warm them with a hair drier until it conforms to the body a little better?