GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
How are you liking those Pilot Sport all seasons? I've been debating between those and the Conti DWS06.

I know that you didn't ask me but I have the Michelin PSAS4 and they are great.
I am in complete agreement with jimlloyd40..... Love these tires so far and I have been able to run them in hard rain, snow, ice and warm dry and they are much more quiet than the AS3+ I used to have and the grip is incredible, which I push them to the limit during driving the BOTD. I was in your same boat in comparing to the DSW06 and I am extremely glad I chose these

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Dropped off at Eurocode to build the motor

7D291EA7-8784-4A92-B42E-4C0DDD222E6A.jpeg

uberGTI

Passed Mr. Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
Impressive that the m205 removed any swirls with VWs hard paints. I’m going to hit mine this weekend with Griot’s Garage BOSS Correcting Cream. The swirls are pretty light so it should make quick work of them. I prefer waxes so I’ll be finishing with Meg’s Gold Class. It lasted 3 months the last time, but I didn’t do a good job decontaminating the paint so it should last longer this time, especially machine applied vs hand applied previously.
I was out of Menzerna PO85RD. Sometimes you've got to just use what you've got. Have you considered a ceramic coating for longer lasting protection, topped by a wax?

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
I was out of Menzerna PO85RD. Sometimes you've got to just use what you've got. Have you considered a ceramic coating for longer lasting protection, topped by a wax?
The Megs lasts about 3 months with bi-weekly washes and being outside 24/7, so I’m happy with that.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Intalled front and rear lower chassis braces and front upper strut tower brace this morning. Flashed version 2.51 EQT stage 1 tune earlier this week.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Regreased Moog endings, installed Neuspeed pitch mount insert (no more wheel hop, but too much vibration at idle), mounted FK510s on my other set of RSE16s, retightened up rear subframe (shifted when I spun on 200tw tires) , got car aligned, then swapped on my FK510s. Reset VAQ adaption too.

So nice to be able to accelerate without wheel hop, but will likely find a different pitch mount insert that has less vibration.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Regreased Moog endings, installed Neuspeed pitch mount insert (no more wheel hop, but too much vibration at idle), mounted FK510s on my other set of RSE16s, retightened up rear subframe (shifted when I spun on 200tw tires) , got car aligned, then swapped on my FK510s. Reset VAQ adaption too.

So nice to be able to accelerate without wheel hop, but will likely find a different pitch mount insert that has less vibration.

I’m not familiar with Neuspeed, but BFI and others settle and and become much more livable after 500-1,000 miles.